oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

The bickering on here last night was quite unsavoury and unnecessary, and it's particularly disappointing that every time someone tried to get back on topic, it got swiftly derailed again.

That's the downside. On the upside, this has been the best transfer window I can recall. Siliki, Sporar, Payero...and we held onto our top players at the same time. I don't often say this, but well done MFC. The recruitment team have done the fans proud for once.

Let's take ten days to breathe, and then see what Warnock can do with a squad that's undoubtedly his. If we don't make top six now, I will be genuinely surprised.

• Like 8
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Are we going to wait until January and sign the Cardiff lad on a free?

Yeah I think there is a good chance that we will just wait it out and sign him in january, unless we are still interested in Kean and he accepts our demands. 

3 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

The bickering on here last night was quite unsavoury and unnecessary, and it's particularly disappointing that every time someone tried to get back on topic, it got swiftly derailed again.

That's the downside. On the upside, this has been the best transfer window I can recall. Siliki, Sporar, Payero...and we held onto our top players at the same time. I don't often say this, but well done MFC. The recruitment team have done the fans proud for once.

Let's take ten days to breathe, and then see what Warnock can do with a squad that's undoubtedly his. If we don't make top six now, I will be genuinely surprised.

Probably one of the best transfer windows we've had in the last 10 years or so. Maybe the best, if the players have been targeted with specific roles in mind and will integrate well into the squad, (unlike our usual haphazard spending).

Still have my doubts that Warnock will be able to get the best out of them on a regular basis, but I guess only time will tell.

Definitely more optimistic about the rest of the season anyway. Neil definitely can't complain about lack of players now.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Are we going to wait until January and sign the Cardiff lad on a free?

I'm not convinced he is actually available on a free in January. McCarthy's comments suggested he thinks he's contracted through until next summer.

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

You're surprised no one put our 4th choice CB in their first choice lineups?

Sarcasm, although I actually thought he looked good pre season. Wouldn’t be as worried about others if he had to step in at any point 

Lumley

Dijksteel Fry McNair Bola

Crooks Siliki Tavernier 

Hernandez Ikpeazu Jones

That's what I'd go for against Coventry, but there are so many more options now and I genuinely don't know what we'll field.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

The problem last night, was that no one was smoking what I was smoking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I’d go

Lumley

Dijksteel-fry-mcnair-bola

Payero-siliki

Hernandez-Tav- jones 

Sporar 

With payero and Siliki, we can look forward to a lot of long range efforts