oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

7 minutes ago, sambaDTR said:

Well if it was a done deal, they would probably have said so, rather than just confirm they are interested. Article doesn't say any more than they submitted the paperwork before the deadline. Nothing about it on the MFC website...yet...

I would hope Warnock rates Djed highly enough to keep him. Even though we've got other options now, he'd still get decent game time here through squad rotation IMO.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, Will said:

Surprised by the amount of people not including Crooks in their teams, he couldn't have had a much better start to his time here.

To be fair I think in quite a lot of people’s teams he is competing with Tav 

Just now, MfcLukasBoro17 said:

Do we believe payero and siliki are holding midfielders? I still dont see the sense in selling morsy, he was our only real cdm. 

Morsy breaks up opposition play but gives away free kicks through persistent fouling and slows down attacks with his poor passing range - I don't think he is a huge loss. 

Difference is Payero and Siliki are physical, box-to-box players who can win possession while also being able to dictate play with their passing. They have the potential to be a really exciting midfield pairing- but I don't think we'll see it for some time.

Warnock trusts Howson, so him and Siliki seems most likely at first. Hopefully Payero starts to be slowly introduced. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, MfcLukasBoro17 said:

Do we believe payero and siliki are holding midfielders? I still dont see the sense in selling morsy, he was our only real cdm. 

their both box to box with defensive cabapilities, i think it will depend on how we play the full backs.

NW likes to change the tactics for the opposition (when he has the players), so i assume it will depend on who we play and how he wants the team to play

2 minutes ago, MfcLukasBoro17 said:

I haven't found any info on them that specifies what kind of midfielder they are. I always thought Payero was brought in to add creativity.

I can only think Warnock may use Howson and/or McNair as DMs when necessary.

While it is a bit worrying to lose our only recognised defensive midfielder, Morsy wasn't a first team regular and didn't contribute much beyond breaking up opposition play. He also seems to have got himself a bit of a reputation with the refs. If he's going to be picking up bookings on a regular basis, he's probably going to be more of a liability than anything.

Given Siliki is only on loan, I hope we either end up making it a permanent move, if he performs well, or get a permanent DM once he leaves.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Warnock's comments about Sporar seemed to hint that he wouldn't be playing him as a lone striker.

Should just put Sporar, Uche, and Hernandez up top and be done with it. Should be goodnight champ defences, and we would only need to play with 1 centre back

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I haven't found any info on them that specifies what kind of midfielder they are. I always thought Payero was brought in to add creativity.

I can only think Warnock may use Howson and/or McNair as DMs when necessary.

While it is a bit worrying to lose our only recognised defensive midfielder, Morsy wasn't a first team regular and didn't contribute much beyond breaking up opposition play. He also seems to have got himself a bit of a reputation with the refs. If he's going to be picking up bookings on a regular basis, he's probably going to be more of a liability than anything.

Given Siliki is only on loan, I hope we either end up making it a permanent move, if he performs well, or get a permanent DM once he leaves.

As long as he performs I can't see us not signing him. £2m really isn't much for a proven Championship midfielder.

• Like 1

I'd love to see Sporar and Ikpeazu up front together but i don't see that happening with the other options we have and a lack of forwards on the bench.

i think we'll see a 433/4231 with Siliki, Howson, Payero and McNair fighting for the midfield births and Hernandez, Jones, Tav, Crooks, Watmore and Olusanya fighting for the forward roles behind either Ikpeazu or Sporar.

17 minutes ago, Will said:

Surprised by the amount of people not including Crooks in their teams, he couldn't have had a much better start to his time here.

Dont think thats a knock on Crooks who has started much better than I thought he would (at least when not shafted up front). I just think the players hes competing with are just better and/or have a much higher ceiling. Good options to have nevertheless.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Smokedsalmon said:

image.png.8cace67bab00e7ee77867e1fca055be1.png

Something like this must be our strongest team now? Just need a LB/CB cover like Bryan in on a free.

All we need is for them to stop playing low percentage balls into the channels and play through that midfield pairing and we might start to look like a team. Lots of ifs and maybes, but cause for optimism.

Thats what I'd pick although you've made the cardinal sin of putting Fry Lcb. Would probably be the most exciting team we've had since promotion with Gashton.

Let's be honest though there isn't a hope in hell Warnock goes with that and leaves Howson and Crooks on the bench.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Will said:

English, came from Rotherham. How good he is and / or how suited he is to the formation isn’t of relevance. If he was called Matteo Crooksini he’s straight in. 

• Like 2