oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

24 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

In a podcast Scott says on Farke that, 'I totally agree with how he plays football... that's how I would like to play football, if I was a manager that's how I would like to play football.' He then says Webber is 'exactly the same obviously because he's helped develop this vision and this philosophy within the club with Daniel.' Just to round it off he notes 'all three of us see things very very similar on how to play the game.' These quotes start at around the 8:50 mark. Unless Scott is lying, I'd say that rather than simply assuming, there's a solid basis to argue Warnock does not fit with his vision. With that in mind, I think it's pretty fair to say that if Warnock isn't challenging for playoffs with this squad then we may as well push ahead with Scott's plans earlier than scheduled.

I don't think there's anything toxic in saying that. After all, it is a discussion forum. I hope Warnock succeeds and has us up there - why wouldn't I? And I'm sure Warnock isn't arsed if he reads a few opinions on a forum that obviously cannot be taken as representative of the entire fanbase.  

Aye, fair, that's evidence of an ethos from him.

But given Warnock has outright admitted he left Cardiff because of comments on forums, I'm not sure you can say he won't be bothered.

Not that anyone should censor themselves for fear of upsetting him, but I do think it's a bit needless at times to speculate.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Boroscally96 said:

Milad Mohammadi is a free agent LB, supposed to be decent, there was a few championship teams after him.

Sounds like a good shout, though I think we'd be a hard sell given we'd not want him as first choice.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

But given Warnock has outright admitted he left Cardiff because of comments on forums, I'm not sure you can say he won't be bothered.

Hahaha I forgot he said that… Although iirc wasn’t that to do with the fact he felt he was damaging his legacy at Cardiff so wanted to bail in case it soured too much? With all due respect to the man, I can’t say as of yet he’s built much of a legacy here so maybe these sorts of comments won’t bother him. And if they do then they really shouldn’t. From what I can tell from other social media sites/being at the games, a lot of fans are really behind him. I’m not Warnock out or anything, but I’m not uncritical of him either. 

5 minutes ago, Boroscally96 said:

Milad Mohammadi is a free agent LB, supposed to be decent, there was a few championship teams after him.

I really hope that when his Dad is watching and he gets a touch, that he takes any opportunity to turn to the fella next to him and say "that's my lad Milad". 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I wonder if Neil is still reading OneBoro, I haven't heard him mention popping onto the forums for a while.

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

I wonder if Neil is still reading OneBoro, I haven't heard him mention popping onto the forums for a while.

Last I heard he'd taken a breather because he got sick of people not providing sources.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
12 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:
19 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Hahaha I forgot he said that… Although iirc wasn’t that to do with the fact he felt he was damaging his legacy at Cardiff so wanted to bail in case it soured too much? With all due respect to the man, I can’t say as of yet he’s built much of a legacy here so maybe these sorts of comments won’t bother him. And if they do then they really shouldn’t. From what I can tell from other social media sites/being at the games, a lot of fans are really behind him. I’m not Warnock out or anything, but I’m not uncritical of him either. 

Neil has said he leaves basically as soon as he thinks the fans are turning; so I imagine that's the case here and forums probably play a part in that.

21 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not that anyone should censor themselves for fear of upsetting him, but I do think it's a bit needless at times to speculate.

Unless he is totally deluded he must be aware that his brand of football is going to create divided opinions and more so online. The brand he plays and the short term style of his tenure here will require results, especially after a summer where we have shifted so many players and he has had a say in recruitment also, while probably not all of them. Of course he knows that he needs to deliver to keep the fans happy and even more so when you employ a brand of football that is seldom pleasing on the eye.

32 minutes ago, Will said:

Seen a few things on twitter saying it's around £1m rising to £1.2m with add ons. Think we got him for £300k.

Well if that's the case that we're quadrupling what we paid then I'm ecstatic! I thought I remembered we signed him for somewhere close to a million originally though? Still fairly happy if we got our money back, don't really have a strong opinion on Morsy's ability one way or another...

I was baffled by moving on Morsy and wouldn't have done it, though I do accept it if he truly was being a troublesome influence with regards to vaccinations, but I didn't realise how popular he was with Boro fans on Twitter.

Lots of anger that he's gone.