• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I'd include Crooks but in midfield.  With everyone fit, and assuming players we've signed all live up to expectations then I'd probably favour something like this:

Lumley

Dijksteel Fry (Hall or McNair) Bola

Siliki

Payero      Crooks

Tav                                 Hernandez

Sporar

Something like that anyway.  Depends on Siliki being able to play in front of the back four (I don't know if he can), and as I said, everyone else living up to expectations.  No more long ball *** though either.  That team plays football.

Looks strong that and should be a match for anyone. Uche has to start for me hes looking like the striker we:ve been missing for years, also watmore for tav when he inevitably gets injured.

3 minutes ago, TheJew said:

More surprising is there were offers on the table from Premiership teams. Permanent offers.

Aware of the sort of fee’s mentioned? maybe they were offering way below our value and didn’t think it was worth taking 

Don’t know why people don’t understand the Spence loan. He needs game time to progress and he isn’t going to get that regularly here under Warnock. More chance of that now and he’s coming back here at the end of the season hopefully a better player.

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, TheJew said:

More surprising is there were offers on the table from Premiership teams. Permanent offers.

Not really surprising if all the PL clubs were offering was peanuts.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Or possibly suggests Scott sees him as a long term piece and wants him back post Warnock maybe?

• Like 1

I can only think there has been some sort of fall out and Warnock didn’t want Spence around. Maybe he’s spat his dummy out at not starting or coming on vs Derby? He was dropped altogether for the next game. His wages won’t be high enough to make any difference so I don’t think that’s the reason.

Personally going to be pouring out a nice glass of red this weekend in celebration that I will never watch Djed Spence kill the momentum in another attack with his trademark run it out wide, try and do a step over, slow the ball down, get doubled up, fall over and lose it.

Horrific player who should have been nowhere near our team from the start and we are a much, much better side without him.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I am intrigued to see how this Director of Football role works with Warnock in place. I am not referring to Scott specifically, but to the whole concept with Warnock as the manager. Does anyone else see the potential for a bit of a conflict here?

22 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Personally going to be pouring out a nice glass of red this weekend in celebration that I will never watch Djed Spence kill the momentum in another attack with his trademark run it out wide, try and do a step over, slow the ball down, get doubled up, fall over and lose it.

Horrific player who should have been nowhere near our team from the start and we are a much, much better side without him.

Cheers!

There's always next season!

6 minutes ago, expat-acklam said:

I am intrigued to see how this Director of Football role works with Warnock in place. I am not referring to Scott specifically, but to the whole concept with Warnock as the manager. Does anyone else see the potential for a bit of a conflict here?

Probably depends where we are in January to be honest. If we are close to the top 6 I presume it will be a bit like this window, Warnock will get some of his targets then the recruiter team/DOF gets signings for the long term. If we are not close to top 6 I wouldn’t be surprised if Warnock has very little say in recruitment in january