oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

These knee injuries , are head scratching in the sense the same one , can take anywhere between three months and eighteen , Browne's seems to be a long one ,yet Bennett just got a two year contract at Wigan I understand 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Cosmonaut said:

That the thread shut? 

If not just thought I'd say, I have been critical of our recruitment strategy/business in general the past few seasons to say the least 🤣 There's been a feeling of a breath of fresh air with this window, finally. A new era beginning, excited to see how we develop as a club after this season going forward. I still feel we'll fall a little short this season to go up, but the squad is surely just about there now. You never know. 

I'd love to see Warnock sign off in his management career with a final promotion to add to his record. 

Hernandez looks beauty. Have high hopes for Jones, Tav, Dijksteel, Bola, Sporar, Léa Siliki to have a cracking season .. there's no doubt the quality is there now. I think Crooks and Ikpeazu could really become faves here a la Friend and others in years gone by. My main concerns just lay mainly in the goalkeeping position, though. I haven't seen much of Lumley to decide yet obviously, though the lad from Daniels from Brentford sounds like a reliable pair of hands. 

The attitude of the players, the spirit at the club ... it seems healthy again and that counts for so much. We're behind them all the way 👍

hope they prove me wrong and beat Swansea in the PO final, and Derby are relegated. 🤣

All the best to the lot of 'em and NW. UTB

One thing I like about Lumley is the fact that he looks to play the ball out quickly, to a player, whenever the opportunity presents itself. That may be contributing to the difference in play between this season and last, when the ball was almost always punted forward by his predecessor. This in itself slowed our game down at times, while he waited for the team to move upfield en masses. 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Birdie said:

One thing I like about Lumley is the fact that he looks to play the ball out quickly, to a player, whenever the opportunity presents itself. That may be contributing to the difference in play between this season and last, when the ball was almost always punted forward by his predecessor. This in itself slowed our game down at times, while he waited for the team to move upfield en masses. 

Yea I’m sure he did a quick ball out for our goal against Blackburn? 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, sanddancer said:

It would be a very boring forum if everyone only posted positives, and agreed with everyone else don't you think? 

Ahaaa, that's why you seem so grumpy at times 😛 

argue grumpy old men GIF by Laff

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

He has started well when you compare it to his performances last season, but I still feel Jones has done more in a few games than Spence has managed for us in two seasons. 

im only worried we’ve not kept hold of him in terms of squad numbers, not quality 

Yea not confident he will get much game time at Forest especially given they have signed 2RB and 2RF. Best chance is if Osei-Tutu continues getting injured and he gets a chance at RB. All likelihood he will probably be recalled in January with a mutual agreement to terminate season long loan.

RF: Xande and Zinckernagel.
RB: Jordi Osei-Tutu and Mohamed Dräger

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ph. said:

image.png.f0028c146abf00229bebf46c20173ff4.png

Post transfer window winner speeches @Changing Times @Brunners @Mr_Maz?

Sorry @TeaCider24 we don't care about your 4th place thoughts 😂

Disclaimer: Quantity of content posted does not always reflect actual quality of said posts and should not be used as a measure of how decent a poster may or may not be. Terms and conditions apply, see website for details. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, ph. said:

image.png.f0028c146abf00229bebf46c20173ff4.png

Post transfer window winner speeches @Changing Times @Brunners @Mr_Maz?

Sorry @TeaCider24 we don't care about your 4th place thoughts 😂

Best transfer window in many years. Some good looking options added to midfield and attack, with the overall squad much more balanced in experience and talent. 

2 more free transfers and we should definitely be focusing on challenging for the playoff places. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Disclaimer: Quantity of content posted does not always reflect actual quality of said posts and should not be used as a measure of how decent a poster may or may not be. Terms and conditions apply, see website for details. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage

My wife keeps saying that bout sex, but I'm beginning to think she's not right and it's just a poor excuse. WE WANT QUANTITY

• Haha 2

So, with the window closed for sales and loanes, I think our squad looks very sharp, as players like Tav, Paddy, Crooks, Watmore and others can play a lot of positions. 

Edit: Uche is up top ofc. Deleted him, when I wanted to write Watmore as sub 🙂

1788943038_lineup(1).png.480ad4b23c9340343b95c95ac2ed4c10.png

If we could bring in a left back who can also cover central defense, I think we stand very good. Maybe one more striker, as I don't think young Coburn is ready yet.

• Like 1