oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 hour ago, Payero said:

Heard today that Neil warnock threw the toys out when the club  signed payero, warnock wanted to sign Lewis ferguson from Aberdeen for half the price. 

Well at least he hasn't let it show 🤭

• Haha 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

The thing is these players are never going to get used to the championship if they never play. It's the managers job to get the players to gel as a unit and find the system for them. But Warnock seems to do his own way and if the players don't fit into this way like Spence they are made to walk the plank. 

8 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

The thing is these players are never going to get used to the championship if they never play. It's the managers job to get the players to gel as a unit and find the system for them. But Warnock seems to do his own way and if the players don't fit into this way like Spence they are made to walk the plank. 

Most managers do. Mourinho did it with shaw at Man Utd. 

You wont remember but at the start of summer a lad I went school with told me we wanted Michael Smith from Rotherham. He turned out to be right. Seen same lad last this morning and he said we will be looking in to signing Andre Wisdom after issues with Peltier, Dijksteel, Hall and Fry. Wisdom can play both RB and CB.

13 minutes ago, Payero said:

There is something in that, also Nathan Wood may be recalled from hibs 

Strange loan deal right from the start in my opinion. He was never going to start for them it sounds like. Probably had more chance of starting for us considering bamba and peltier are playing

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Strange loan deal right from the start in my opinion. He was never going to start for them it sounds like. Probably had more chance of starting for us considering bamba and peltier are playing

Might have a poor attitude.  It's going around apparently.

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

You wont remember but at the start of summer a lad I went school with told me we wanted Michael Smith from Rotherham. He turned out to be right. Seen same lad last this morning and he said we will be looking in to signing Andre Wisdom after issues with Peltier, Dijksteel, Hall and Fry. Wisdom can play both RB and CB.

Not a good player but then beggars can't be choosers.  Didn't he get stabbed during a robbery not that long ago?

If Dijksteel, Fry and Hall are out injured for as long as expected then we will surely need to sign at least one CB. At the moment the only way we could patch the defence up is to bring McNair back to CB and Howson to RB. However, that would likely mean Siliki and Payero have to start in midfield - as we don't really have anyone else, which is something Warnock really won't want to do. Then one of them two or Crooks would have to do the unnatural anchoring role in the #6 position. All-in-all we're down to our bare bones in the short-term.

44 minutes ago, p_mards said:

If Dijksteel, Fry and Hall are out injured for as long as expected then we will surely need to sign at least one CB. At the moment the only way we could patch the defence up is to bring McNair back to CB and Howson to RB. However, that would likely mean Siliki and Payero have to start in midfield - as we don't really have anyone else, which is something Warnock really won't want to do. Then one of them two or Crooks would have to do the unnatural anchoring role in the #6 position. All-in-all we're down to our bare bones in the short-term.

Crooks has played more as a defensive midfielder than he has as an attacking one in his career to be fair.  He only really shifted further forward last season I think with any regularity.  It's not because of his size though, it's because of his silky skills 🙃