• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Far too early but just been looking at left backs who could be available in Jan due to contracts expiring in summer or needing a loan for some game time.

Brown of Cardiff, Bidwell of Swansea and Pederson of Birmingham all out of contract.

Jamal Lewis at Newcastle not getting any games so he could possibly be available on loan

I am not keen on Brown. He a CB who can do a job at LB. I would rather have a LB than can do a job at CB. 

Pedersen would be a good addition but I think he has his sights on more than the Championship and will want to be first choice. 

21 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Any realistic chance of us keeping Sporar next season? Assuming we are still a Championship club.

I can't see why not, unless he absolutely smashes it going forward, 

He's scored 3 goals in 9 games, 1 of them a penalty, and all 3 goals were against clubs in the bottom 4.

That's decent, nothing more.

I hope he does smash it though, even if he doesn't stay.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I can't see why not, unless he absolutely smashes it going forward, 

He's scored 3 goals in 9 games, 1 of them a penalty, and all 3 goals were against clubs in the bottom 4.

That's decent, nothing more.

I hope he does smash it though, even if he doesn't stay.

Aren't we obligated to buy him if he "smashes it" 

Or do we have to get promoted as well?

13 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Aren't we obligated to buy him if he "smashes it" 

Or do we have to get promoted as well?

That's the question, most reports were that it was promotion and 15 goals.

There was one report that it's promotion or 15 goals.

Personally I'd be shocked if we went in for a £8m mandatory purchase in the Championship right now, especially when 15 goals isn't that big a target, so I'm more inclined to believe it's the promotion clause.

13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Just the £30k per week and several million pounds transfer fee to find.

perfect. we can then loan him out next season when the new manager doesn’t fancy him and spend all summer complaining there’s no money for transfers.

• Haha 3

Isn't it in euros which is only £6.7m. I think if he hits 15 goals then it's not the worst deal. 

For me he's got great movement and could really benefit from someone in attack being on the same page as him. It's mad how blinded our attackers are at times. Don't know where and when to play a pass and often shoot when they should pass.

It's still early days but he seems to be adapting. I personally think he does a lot more than people realise. But agree with what has been said it will be nice to see how he handles the better opposition in the league.

22 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

That's the question, most reports were that it was promotion and 15 goals.

There was one report that it's promotion or 15 goals.

Personally I'd be shocked if we went in for a £8m mandatory purchase in the Championship right now, especially when 15 goals isn't that big a target, so I'm more inclined to believe it's the promotion clause.

From memory, I think the Gazette were pretty confident it was promotion OR 15 goals. 

I think we'll end up buying him regardless, personally.

I honestly think he's the best striker we've had at the club in years, if only we had players capable of spotting his runs and playing the balls for him!

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Brunners said:

From memory, I think the Gazette were pretty confident it was promotion OR 15 goals. 

I think we'll end up buying him regardless, personally.

I honestly think he's the best striker we've had at the club in years, if only we had players capable of spotting his runs and playing the balls for him!

We do have those players, it's the style of play thats preventing it happening on a regular basis. Payero always looks forward, so does Tav. McNair is actually a good passer of the ball when he's allowed to too. Watmore, Jones, Hernandez aren't overly creative but their direct running should be causing the spaces for the aforementioned trio to find sporar in great positions all game long.

We really do have all the ingredients needed to be such an attractive team. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

We do have those players, it's the style of play thats preventing it happening on a regular basis. Payero always looks forward, so does Tav. McNair is actually a good passer of the ball when he's allowed to too. Watmore, Jones, Hernandez aren't overly creative but their direct running should be causing the spaces for the aforementioned trio to find sporar in great positions all game long.

We really do have all the ingredients needed to be such an attractive team. 

Yeah okay, I'll agree with that - especially on the early viewing on Payero at least. Tav can put in great balls but until I see him make better decisions more consistently, I don't want to include him! When he does spot & make the pass though, I agree he is good too.

36 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Yeah okay, I'll agree with that - especially on the early viewing on Payero at least. Tav can put in great balls but until I see him make better decisions more consistently, I don't want to include him! When he does spot & make the pass though, I agree he is good too.

Tav has made a few intelligent passes, infact I'm sure Sporars first goal for us was from a Taverniers through ball. He has the ability to do it, just needs to do it more often. I think he's desperate to score and goes for that option rather than the often easier option of playing someone else in.

• Like 1