Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I'm getting pretty tired of his brand of football and his attitude, for someone who apparently wants to have a go it's negative, excuse ridden garbage

There’s just no need for it either, maybe he knows it’s probably his last season in football and is frustrated he isn’t getting everything done his way 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Lets see where we are at Xmas. A point away at Derby isn’t a bad result.

It’s a *** poor result and there is no excuse. I’d rather see where we are at Xmas with a manager that actually wants to win and play football and not just berate referees for 90 mins. Muppet of a manager. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

There’s just no need for it either, maybe he knows it’s probably his last season in football and is frustrated he isn’t getting everything done his way 

I had high hopes for Warnock and think he made Cardiff a really effective side, as they still are but he's not got close to that for us, even when we have started to get his signings in. If we don't see an upturn of form in the first few months, just let him get back to Cornwall

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Think I'd go for Dave Challinor if we are looking down the Leagues.

Chris Wilder would be my pick 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My hunch with Warnock is he is probably annoyed that there is money being made available for foreign players but he feels restricted to under 1 million buys or free agents domestically.

Bidwell is probably the prime example, he'd probably hand them 2 million for him in a heartbeat if he could but I presume Gibson has set a limit given Bidwell is one of Swansea's highest earners and approaching 30 so it seems to have stalled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

My hunch with Warnock is he is probably annoyed that there is money being made available for foreign players but he feels restricted to under 1 million buys or free agents domestically.

Bidwell is probably the prime example, he'd probably hand them 2 million for him in a heartbeat if he could but I presume Gibson has set a limit given Bidwell is one of Swansea's highest earners and approaching 30 so it seems to have stalled.

In that case Gibson's right

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping Sporar is a “problem” we can overcome as opposed to it being a deal breaker given the effort that has gone in to it.
Just a guess but from what NW said sounded like a glitch more than a problem. 

Someone posted a link from Portugal this morning saying confirmation was expected soon over weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TLF10 said:

I am hoping Sporar is a “problem” we can overcome as opposed to it being a deal breaker given the effort that has gone in to it.
Just a guess but from what NW said sounded like a glitch more than a problem. 

Someone posted a link from Portugal this morning saying confirmation was expected soon over weekend.

You would think that if there's been a medical then all three parties want deal to go through so hopefully can be done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

My hunch with Warnock is he is probably annoyed that there is money being made available for foreign players but he feels restricted to under 1 million buys or free agents domestically.

Bidwell is probably the prime example, he'd probably hand them 2 million for him in a heartbeat if he could but I presume Gibson has set a limit given Bidwell is one of Swansea's highest earners and approaching 30 so it seems to have stalled.

Wish Gibson had the balls to have done that to Pulis and monk too. Seems like he has learned his lesson. I just hope that Scott’s first job will be to replace Warnock ASAP. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

He just said the Van Bergen deal is nowt do do with me 🤔

I would like to think that Warnock simply doesn't want to increase the lad's profile by talking about a deal and risk another club coming in at the last minute.

But unfortunately I don't think that is the case. He's clearly irked with the appointment of Kieran Scott as Head of Football and the fact that the club is looking for players who can make an impact long after Warnock's final season is concluded.

It's going to be an interesting few months 'off the pitch' that's for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...