• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Mate you're just making excuses for him lying. Why do you believe anything he says if you acknowledge that he wasn't telling the truth then? His conferences are pointless, they're either lies, half truths, rants about referees or rants about foreigners. 

I am not making excuses I am telling it like it is with all managers whether in football or the real world. If you want to get the best out of someone, especially new starters, you behave in a really positive manner toward them just like he did. Unfortunately the gamble failed. Do you remember Woodgate telling us all live on BBC Tees that Braithwaite was not in the Salford friendly matchday squad as he had a stomach bug? He was actually in Spain discussing terms on his move to Leganes. All managers use smoke and mirrors, they tell lies or half truths, just like every other human being does. 

3 minutes ago, notjade said:

I'm actually not a huge fan of Warnock's in the grand scheme of things but to say people will back him 100% is absolutely mental, just because we refuse to have a breakdown after 4 games and the window not even being shut yet.

Honestly there's some right melts on here, its embarrassing. Let's see how the rest of the window goes, see how Warnock is performing and if he's *** we'll sack him and get someone else as we always do

How is it that everyone has managed to airbrush last season from their brains?

Was he not our manager then? Am I tripping?

It's like I said in a few threads before the season started; if you're genuinely happy paying your money to watch what Warnock serves up, all power to you. I'm happy for you, I wish I was.

Even if I was seeing signs of improvement I'd be satisfied. But I don't. We are no better than we were at the start of last season. If your manager isn't improving you, what is the point?

• Like 3
Just now, DocMartin said:

I am not making excuses I am telling it like it is with all managers whether in football or the real world. If you want to get the best out of someone, especially new starters, you behave in a really positive manner toward them just like he did. Unfortunately the gamble failed. Do you remember Woodgate telling us all live on BBC Tees that Braithwaite was not in the Salford friendly matchday squad as he had a stomach bug? He was actually in Spain discussing terms on his move to Leganes. All managers use smoke and mirrors, they tell lies or half truths, just like every other human being does. 

So what's the reasoning behind totally burying him since about feb? That was entirely self serving, and I honestly can't see any way of spinning it any other way. 

4 minutes ago, notjade said:

just because we refuse to have a breakdown after 4 games and the window not even being shut yet.

The majority of the anti Warnock posters on here were that way before this season started. I think the judgement is based on over a year of watching his team not just 4 games. 

Obviously there's a minority who didn't want him from the start and will never take to him, then there's another minority who will never say anything bad about the club. 

I think we've seen enough in the last 16 months to know the style of football that Warnock will play. Thats not really a snap judgement. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

How is it that everyone has managed to airbrush last season from their brains?

Was he not our manager then? Am I tripping?

It's like I said in a few threads before the season started; if you're genuinely happy paying your money to watch what Warnock serves up, all power to you. I'm happy for you, I wish I was.

Even if I was seeing signs of improvement I'd be satisfied. But I don't. We are no better than we were at the start of last season. If your manager isn't improving you, what is the point?

Yeah I remember him taking a team that was almost relegated to pushing for the playoffs with the same squad, before a couple of bad injuries ended our season. Do you not remember that?

• Like 1

We just need to not spend money on Sporar and Van Bergen, they'll just be wasted all season

Have to let Warnock sign the players he wants if we want any chance of play offs 

Just now, notjade said:

Yeah I remember him taking a team that was almost relegated to pushing for the playoffs with the same squad, before a couple of bad injuries ended our season. Do you not remember that?

We finished 10th, 13 points off the play offs.

Again; if you're happy with that mate, all power to you. But that is not a play-off push. By that logic Tony Mowbray was class as well, because we were second in December once.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, notjade said:

He signed 11 players last season didn't he? Not exactly the same squad. And they were massively underperforming in the first place. 

Any competent manager would have kept us up in that scenario. We weren't cut adrift when he came in, we were level on points with the team in 21st weren't we?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Again; if you're happy with that mate, all power to you. But that is not a play-off push. By that logic Tony Mowbray was class as well, because we were second in December once.

We were 17 points off play offs the season before also, we barely closed the gap at all despite giving warnock a full season and plenty of resources. 

1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

before a couple of bad injuries ended our season

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

So what's the reasoning behind totally burying him since about feb? That was entirely self serving, and I honestly can't see any way of spinning it any other way. 

Well neither of us know the truth, we can only speculate. Personally, as a Boro fan, Akpomb does not look like a striker that can lead the line in the Championship. I think the club are doing their best to make him feel unwanted and to persuade him he needs to move on.

Akpomb said on arriving he wanted to move back to the UK. No UK clubs appear to have come in for him, just Turkish and Greek ones as far as we know. Perhaps he is reluctant to move abroad, maybe the terms offered don’t match his current ones. Maybe Akpomb has threatened to sit out his contract or demanded a pay off. All sorts of things are possible. I am not saying Akpomb and his agent are being difficult, but it is possible they are. Maybe just maybe the club and manager are putting the squeeze on to push his buttons to help sway him, who knows.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Maybe just maybe the club and manager are putting the squeeze on to push his buttons to help sway him, who knows.

So the manager has been trying to push his buttons to help sway him into a move away... since 3(?) months before the end of last season?

If he was all about doing the smoke and mirrors crap for positivity, he wouldn't have slammed the basic assessment that he was even worthy of being called a striker before the season was over. The only person he was trying to make look good at that point was himself.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""