oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

7 minutes ago, newyddion said:

If I post about football and it makes me unpopular, so be it. Can’t please everyone all of the time. 

Post about football mate all you want. I encourage you too as I’m sure everyone else on here does. Just don’t call other posters clueless or say there opinion is invalid because they disagree with yours.

• Like 4
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, newyddion said:

There has to be some reasoning behind such a negative and blinkered view. One could be that rather that’s going to games and supporting the team.. they could just sign up to a football message board and repeat a load of rubbish they’ve read elsewhere on social media.

I'm a season ticket holder and yet I largely hold the same view as NB4 on Warnock. 😕

We want success for Middlesbrough, not Neil Warnock.

• Like 11
3 minutes ago, newyddion said:

I stated that being clueless invalidates your opinion, that is a fact! If that applies to folks and they recognise that.. then they can’t be offended surely?

Yes they can.. just because opinions differ, doesn't mean there can't be truth in both of them, and we can all disagree with each other whilst showing a little respect at the same time. Only one person on here is right all the time and that is accepted as the natural state of things. Keeping things civil is the best way to ensure that you are here to stay 

• Like 7
8 minutes ago, newyddion said:

I stated that being clueless invalidates your opinion, that is a fact! If that applies to folks and they recognise that.. then they can’t be offended surely?

Yes and you were clearly referring to NB because he disagrees with you. I’m gonna leave it at that anyway because I don’t want to clog the thread up arguing with someone who clearly doesn’t want to listen.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, newyddion said:

We are progressing, we do have a plan and all the signs are pointing towards an improvement on last season.

Apart from the football in the last 2 games 

• Like 4
55 minutes ago, newyddion said:

We’ve started the same run of FOUR games as we did last season. The difference being we have Payero, Sporar, Van Bergen & others still to come into the fold. 

Being clueless invalidates your option.

Tbh it’s not going to be the end of the world if I remain unpopular with a handful of keyboard warriors.

world of warcraft legion GIF

Lads... this is getting a bit tedious. Can it move to private message or the Warnock thread, for our collective sanity?

Let's reserve this thread for overreacting to poorly translated tweets from foreign journalists with 50 followers 🙌🏻

• Like 13
8 minutes ago, newyddion said:

An improvement on last season would be a great success. After moving seven places up the table from nothing, another four places sounds possible.. even quite likely.

I've said this just earlier today, I've no idea why anyone looks at Warnock's time here and gives him credit for taking us seven places up the table. That's restoring the natural order of where the club was at pre-Woodgate and still shows us on a net negative since relegation in 2017. 10th is where any competent manager walking into this club with this squad could take us, it's not worth much at all.

1 hour ago, Motor Mouth said:

To many foreigners is not good for a Championship team they travel and get drained and need at least a week to get over it or even worse get injured and again out for a number of weeks. 

Which is why I ask where are the youngsters.

Been wondering this for a long time myself.

Admittedly this is going back a while, but weren't Boro supposed to have one of the best academies in the country at one point?

Makes you wonder why we hardly ever see any youngsters make the step up to the first team.

1 hour ago, BoroSmoggie said:

That just isn’t true though is it. Theres no way you can say that with conviction yet. I’ve seen quite a few posters say this as if all our signings are a significant upgrade. They aren’t.

I'd agree its certainly too early in the season to come to any conclusions about our signings. Could be even more difficult to make any balanced judgements if Warnock makes a habit of playing strange lineups.

Hopefully things will look a lot clearer after 10-12 games.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Admittedly this is going back a while, but weren't Boro supposed to have one of the best academies in the country at one point?

Makes you wonder why we hardly ever see any youngsters make the step up to the first team.

I think its instant success expectations.  Managers don't feel they have time as they are judged on last result.

DO we think Pulis?  Warnock?  are likely to risk results on kids - nt in my eyes 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

We've had Wood in and around the first team for the last year. Our best player this season is from the academy and made his full debut 4 games ago. We have had an 18 year old academy product come on from the bench yesterday.  We had loads of academy prospects play in preseason: Malley, Hackney, M Dijksteel, Sivi, Robinson, James

What the *** are you on about

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
6 minutes ago, notjade said:

We've had Wood in and around the first team for the last year. Our best player this season is from the academy and made his full debut 4 games ago. We have had an 18 year old academy product come on from the bench yesterday.  We had loads of academy prospects play in preseason: Malley, Hackney, M Dijksteel, Sivi, Robinson, James

Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef

Pre-season...

Okay smart *** - tell me exactly how many minutes all those players combined have played in competitive league or cup matches for us?

Bet its not many...

Since you clearly didn't understand the question: making the step up means establishing yourself as a regular first team player. Or at least making the bench and making regular sub appearances...in competitive matches.

8 minutes ago, notjade said:

Jones isn’t really from the academy. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""