oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

remember hearing Cameron Jerome say that he realised that he had a chance of making it as a pro while he was at Middlesbrough, but think he was at a few other clubs as a youngster as well

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

and not including Zach Hemmings and Sol Brynn

Zach Hemmings is currently playing in Scotland so didn't make the list. Sol should have really but because he hadn't made an appearance anywhere I think my eyes must have glazed over him.

4 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

the defender at everton, who they signed from Norwich. he was with us for a while

Year between 2011-2012, came from York before that, went back to York after it. Think he must not have actually played for our U18s or U23s because he didn't show up in transfermarkts list, which is why he was missed. There's probably a few others like that then scattered around that played a season or two pre u18s.

Just now, Old Codger said:

remember hearing Cameron Jerome say that he realised that he had a chance of making it as a pro while he was at Middlesbrough, but think he was at a few other clubs as a youngster as well

Yeah, that's why I didn't include him because he had multiple youth clubs across the football league before signing for Cardiff.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

and he stll has a working body!

Seems like it, I don't know how many games they play in Saudi Arabia per season but he only played 60 something times in 3 years so first glance suggests he's still injury prone..

6 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Interesting that the official website lists Olusanya as as midfielder rather than a striker or forward. I know I’m looking into it too much, but maybe we’ll be looking to loan another striker too?

https://www.mfc.co.uk/teams/middlesbrough/toyosi-olusanya

Warnock said he's best in Jones' position but can play either side or behind the striker. So I don't think Warnock will play him up front, no.

But he has also said in recent days how impressed he is with Coburn so may well just keep him in and around the squad instead of bringing in another striker after Sporar.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Interesting that the official website lists Olusanya as as midfielder rather than a striker or forward. I know I’m looking into it too much, but maybe we’ll be looking to loan another striker too?

https://www.mfc.co.uk/teams/middlesbrough/toyosi-olusanya

It has all the wingers listed as midfielders, so I'd guess it's just that he's viewed more as a winger than a striker.

26 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Warnock said he's best in Jones' position but can play either side or behind the striker. So I don't think Warnock will play him up front, no.

But he has also said in recent days how impressed he is with Coburn so may well just keep him in and around the squad instead of bringing in another striker after Sporar.

I know it's dangerous reading into Warnock's public comments but he has mentioned previously that after Sporar there would be another striker later in the window likely to be a Prem loan and as recently as this week he said we would need another striker IF Akpom leaves.

Going off Warnock's history if we do get Sporar with Uche I imagine the third option he'll want will be a pacier option to run the channels later in games like Vassell at Cardiff. 

Right now I'd say Coburn definitely has more ability than Tyrone O'Neill but he doesn't have the England youth team pedigree of a Walker or Fewster so I'd personally be surprised if he doesn't end up on loan in League 2, national conference or the Scottish Championship come September.

Cheers @BoroJake. Rather it was a permanent but beggars can't be choosers.

Albeit a loan could be a blessing is disguise as he is likely to return next summer under a new manager. So if he does well could be good news for us. And yes am trying to see the positives in loaning him out.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Hopefully we’ve made a similar to Sporar where if he meets certain targets than have an obligation to buy 

one goal and top ten finish at the very least 🙂

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""