Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""


Recommended Posts

If the reports are believed there’s no way we would turn down a permanent offer and then loan him and pay half his wages with no obligation to buy with PAOK. People are just guessing with the figures 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

If the reports are believed there’s no way we would turn down a permanent offer and then loan him and pay half his wages with no obligation to buy with PAOK. People are just guessing with the figures 

Of course we didn't reject a permanent 2 million euro offer from Galatasaray. That makes no sense at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

What's happened to the "would sell him for a packet of crisps crew"? Very quiet all of a sudden

His value has increased to corn based snacks and nobody is willing to stump up a bag of Scampi and lemon Nik Naks for him!

Spence is a strange player! Clearly has talent but I think he actually lacks confidence, either that or he is not quick thinking enough.
Like many have said, he cannot defend for toffees, but I find his attacking play to be even more frustrating.  He gets himself in 1 on 1's and then stops running, does a few step overs, this then allows a second defender to come over as cover and he loses the ball trying to beat them both. Why doesnt he continue his initial run and get past the player?
What I have noticed so far this season is that he is starting to come in as the back post player when the ball is going down the other flank, which he wasnt doing last season!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

His value has increased to corn based snacks and nobody is willing to stump up a bag of Scampi and lemon Nik Naks for him!

Spence is a strange player! Clearly has talent but I think he actually lacks confidence, either that or he is not quick thinking enough.
Like many have said, he cannot defend for toffees, but I find his attacking play to be even more frustrating.  He gets himself in 1 on 1's and then stops running, does a few step overs, this then allows a second defender to come over as cover and he loses the ball trying to beat them both. Why doesnt he continue his initial run and get past the player?
What I have noticed so far this season is that he is starting to come in as the back post player when the ball is going down the other flank, which he wasnt doing last season!

Come on, he's worth at least a bag of Nice N' Spicy nik naks, why would you let him go for the third best flavour of nik nak! Get some proper values, jeez!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Come on, he's worth at least a bag of Nice N' Spicy nik naks, why would you let him go for the third worst flavour of nik nak! Get some proper values, jeez!

He has a long way to go before we get a bag of Rib n Saucy!

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Sounds like it's been dotting i's and crossing t's over some bit of tax admin, rather than an actual issue that could scupper the deal. Hopefully anyway, Uche will need a rest sooner rather than later. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Before the Academy set up we had Players like Tony Mowbray, Gary Pallister, Stuart Ripley, Willie Maddren, David Mills, David Hodgson and arguably even Graeme Souness and Craig Johnston coming up through the ranks or at least being rehabilitated in the case of Souness after failing at Spurs.

Academy era, we have had Stewart Downing, Brad Jones, Adam Johnson, Ben Gibson etc. The interesting thing is that they seem to come through in groups rather than individually. There are lots of others of course but Downing and Pallister are two of the more stand out "successful" ones in terms of career highs.

I think I would rather have an Academy than not but the Rioch era was seemingly just as successful which may have been simply down to a mixture of opportunity and needs at the time. There has undoubtedly been plenty of players that have come through the system to make good careers in the game but very few real top class stars of the game considering the facilities and cost of running the Academy.

Around 1986, at least where I grew up, the local council took to putting "No Ball Games" signs on any green space before they quickly sold it off.  All of a sudden, kids had nowhere they were allowed to just have a kick around with their mates after school. You had to be pretty good already if you wanted to join a team, and you probably needed a parent who would take you along, so a lot of kids just stopped playing, or never really took it up as they were growing up.

The talent pool was bound to shrink. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...