oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

6 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Did he receive any advice/warnings or was he just banned? I haven’t really followed the forum much over the last few days, just dipped in and out so seemed to have missed the hoo har.

You won't see this but for the benefit of everyone.

Yes - he received a warning a few days ago.
He had his posting privileges revoked for about half a day a couple days later
He then got banned for his abuse of me via PM.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

you're out vivica a fox GIF by Face The Truth

• Like 1

Obviously the pming was uncalled for and you can't really object to a ban from that. And admittedly I haven't seen all interactions but as I mentioned previously you were a *** towards him from the beginning brunners. I'm surprised the way you were belittling him from the moment he joined was considered acceptable behaviour from a mod. I'm curious whether you were ever warned for some of your comments towards him.

• Confused 1
6 hours ago, pikerman said:

No you are not, I have watched him closely this season and I am still convinced there are major deficiencies in his game

All two games well thats that then lets get shot. Warnock seems to think the pennies dropped with him but obviously you do not.

4 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

All two games well thats that then lets get shot. Warnock seems to think the pennies dropped with him but obviously you do not.

Spence has definitely looked better this season than he did for a lot of last season I think, but he's still got a way to go. While he's started doing it more again, I'd still like to see him try and take his man on more, still think he's cutting it back and playing a safe backwards pass too often for my liking.

I think the eye test suggests in the short term Warnocks talk with him has clearly had some affect, it's whether he can keep it up now or will he slip back into old habits after a few weeks.

I've been fine with selling him all summer, if I'm honest, but now I kind of want to keep him to see how he performs until January, see if the NW talk has stuck long term.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Obviously the pming was uncalled for and you can't really object to a ban from that. And admittedly I haven't seen all interactions but as I mentioned previously you were a *** towards him from the beginning brunners. I'm surprised the way you were belittling him from the moment he joined was considered acceptable behaviour from a mod. I'm curious whether you were ever warned for some of your comments towards him.

Just ban this account, there was 1 or 2 saying they had old accounts and would post something controversial just to get banned. 

4 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Just ban this account, there was 1 or 2 saying they had old accounts and would post something controversial just to get banned. 

I've been told by brunners to basically discuss this privately as he didnt want this thread to be derailed. But I can assure you other than being a poster on both boards I have not posted anything controversial. Other than to say brunners posts have been poor from the start towards him and I didn't find it great behaviour from a mod. And as I've received that pm from him I best not add anything further to this.

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

It all started because he was putting ridiculous valuations on potential signings despite multiple sources showing the opposite being pointed out to him. That and the Messi conversation which honestly, I thought he was just being a WUM but apparently no, that's how his mind works.

FMTTM are more than welcome to have him back.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Tony said:

I've been told by brunners to basically discuss this privately as he didnt want this thread to be derailed. But I can assure you other than being a poster on both boards I have not posted anything controversial. Other than to say brunners posts have been poor from the start towards him and I didn't find it great behaviour from a mod. And as I've received that pm from him I best not add anything further to this.

He's a mod, you're not. Suck it up or if you don't like it, you know where else you can post.

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He's a mod, you're not. Suck it up or if you don't like it, you know where else you can post.

Look I've been told not to post further on the subject because he doesn't want this thread to be derailed. That kind means you need to stop bringing it up. And for anyone else who quotes me - I won't respond on the issue any further as I'm trying to respect his request.

To be honest - I don't care if I'm banned as I've previously said I only really visit this board every year for this thread so not really going to miss out by only being able to read this. The point is though whether someone is a mod or not - they should still have behaviour that meets the standards of what is accepted by the board and I felt his treatment of newy was below what others would have been allowed to get away with.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Brunners said:

i dont get these posters who have to pm people they dont agree with. its a bit weird isnt it. wonder if it was newy who was pming digger with abuse to.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""