oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

2 hours ago, FinallyRegistered said:

Looks a calm finisher. Would be a decent option on the left wing, although it’s Jones’ spot to lose currently 

Looks like he's very right-footed but plays on the left wing. Looking at the highlights he prefers to cut in and rarely goes past a defender on the outside. In some games he plays on the right.

He would definitely be a good option for the squad. One thing I like about Jones is that he has a good right-footed cross from deep on the left as well as the ability to take on a defender and go down the line. Means defenders can't easily predict what he'll do. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

We need to be careful with Jones. Curtis main, cam park, Luke Williams and others have came in and done excellent in the early stages and faded into obscurity. We can't just consider the wing problem solved and rest on our laurels. We are still in desperate need of creativity. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, FinallyRegistered said:

It’s not really about his age, more the demands of full time training and the intensity of the Championship compared to the Isthiman league and training part time. I rate Jones, but I think we need depth out wide. If there’s a chance to bring in a quality winger then I think we should go for it and have some competition for places. 

Not to mention players with a history of serious injuries tend to not stay fit for long. I imagine Jones and A.N. Other will end up seeing the most action.

2 hours ago, DevKWat said:

I’m not sure, he was really starting to impress before he got injured I think Warnock might want to keep him here 

Problem with that is Warnock is only here until the end of the season. If Sammy's barely managed any game time by then, the new manager might overlook him in favour of players he knows can do a job.

We were linked with Longstaff earlier in the window.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/newcastle-transfer-problem-matty-longstaff-loan

"In terms of outgoings, one loan deal could happen with 21-year-old Matty Longstaff set to be allowed out to gain experience elsewhere.

Bruce said: “It is something we have decided might be best for Matty and we will see in the next week. We have had one or two enquiries. We hope for him something happens in the next couple of days."

I’ve been adamant that Scott can’t have anything to do with these deals but it all seems very odd timing. 

When was the last time we went after European/SA talent like this? 

We’re splashing what is probably most of our cash the window (and month) before he comes in and a big new project is about to start?

Surely if Scott has nothing to do with this he would want to consolidate this season and save our “war-chest” for next season when he comes in 

2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I’ve been adamant that Scott can’t have anything to do with these deals but it all seems very odd timing. 

We’re splashing what is probably most of our cash the window (and month) before he comes in and a big new project is about to start?

Surely if Scott has nothing to do with this he would want to consolidate this season and save our “war-chest” for next season when he comes in 

maybe the way ahead was discussed at his second interview and he's on board with what we're trying to do.

3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

or we're trying to build a decent enough squad for the next manager, and at the same time, having enough players to send the young lads on loan this seasosn - so they are better options for the next manager?

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""