oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

eye looks like we are preparing for life without warnock. get the feeling hes feeling a bit put out by it. i bet like whats been mentioned already. these signings for the long term are not his, like payero etc and i can see him giving any excuse to not play them over his favs. if we dont kick on he'll be gone by xmas i reckon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

Can I just point out that after all these years, we now have people commenting that "Maybe we have too many wingers?"

What a time to be alive!

I thought you said too many whingers.... we have that too! 

• Haha 2

I wonder with the links to other wingers coming out, does that mean the Van Bergen deal could be dead? 

Or perhaps there’s something in the Spence rumours and we’re trying to line up a replacement first?

1 minute ago, JTG said:

I wonder with the links to other wingers coming out, does that mean the Van Bergen deal could be dead? 

Or perhaps there’s something in the Spence rumours and we’re trying to line up a replacement first?

Or maybe we just want a left sided player lol

6 minutes ago, JTG said:

Or the ameobi injury is a lot worse than has been said in the press which wouldn’t surprise me. Hasn’t been any change in weeks 

Edited by BoroJake
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Or the ameobi injury is a lot worse than has been said in the press which wouldn’t surprise me. Hasn’t been any change in weeks 

If I was being optimistic I’d say…

We were going to spend a lot of our budget on Muniz.

saved by loan option for Sporar so can invest in more wingers

• Like 1

Interesting that we seem to be willing to spend millions on players from abroad but not domestic players. 

Seems like we’re definitely moving in a different direction but still surprised that we apparently won’t pay the 450k for Bidwell. 

I like Warnock and respect what he’s done previously, but just feel this summer would have been a good time for us to get in a new manager that can sell the potential signings a long term plan. Warnock has said he doesn’t want more than 1 or 2 players from abroad, which I don’t think sends out a great message considering we’ve already got Payero. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BoroYorkie said:

Interesting that we seem to be willing to spend millions on players from abroad but not domestic players. 

Seems like we’re definitely moving in a different direction but still surprised that we apparently won’t pay the 450k for Bidwell. 

I like Warnock and respect what he’s done previously, but just feel this summer would have been a good time for us to get in a new manager that can sell the potential signings a long term plan. Warnock has said he doesn’t want more than 1 or 2 players from abroad, which I don’t think sends out a great message considering we’ve already got Payero. 

That's mainly because they want 2.5 for Bidwell. If he was available at 450k he'd probably be here already.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BoroYorkie said:

It’s because the domestic players of equal value usually aren’t as good and will demand much higher wages.

• Like 1
Just now, LinoJo3 said:

It’s because the domestic players of equal value usually aren’t as good and will demand much higher wages.

and if a foriegn player doesn't work out, you can sell them back to the market he came from, if there are no decent offers from english clubs

• Like 4
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""