oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Glancing through today's posts ... the way we do business has been a *** clown show for far too long for a club at our level and the history we have. Starting to really boil my p1ss. 

For once, before this window opened, I had optimism we would finally get things done and start to move forward. Have a better team working in the background bringing in players, spotting talent we can afford and having that odd gem work out here and there .. 

I know it is complicated business, but good grief, we really seem embarrassing the way we operate behind the scenes with incomings and outgoings. 

The Ameobi situation for me just sums it all up. Fair enough the club may not have been able to predict whatever happened to the lad following him signing the deal but it all seems fairly odd. What an absolutely *** waste. Then to see the likes of Payero come in, seems Warnock has no interest in giving him a look from what I am reading and I'm wondering whether it was worth him hanging around for one more season after all right now. 

We should have started again with a new guy in and it would have been nice to get the guy from Norwich who come in the have started a bit earlier. Would have liked a manager like Eddie Howe though I know we're never gonna get anything like him in a million years ... but someone who plays a real exciting brand of football, who knows what they're doing. Everyone at the whole club collectively involved aiming for the same thing. 

This all seems a joke at the minute. I hope it's just me over-reacting and there's not as much disharmony behind the scenes as I have had a feeling about over the past couple of weeks, but I feel we've got things wrong with timing etc and as usual making total *** out of ourselves when it comes to buying a decent player or two. Ever since we changed the badge and that Bausor grin, it's just seemed to be a clown show since. 

When the *** are we going to sort this out?? 

Steve Gibson, please do something about this. It's about time and we've waited long enough. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I was his proxy last time he left the forum...how do you know I'm not this time? 😜

He's slightly less dumb than you are, and we can all tell the difference 😝

Just tell him to post on his own bloody account, he's wrong all the time anyway so what does it matter? 🙃

50 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's absolute ***. It's like a shopkeeper agreeing to sell me a television and then putting it on the counter, but suddenly asking for 50 quid more. It's perfectly legal but it's not a good look and it certainly doesn't help with any future negotiations. 

It’s more like you trying to buy a used car online and when you go to meet the seller you’ve been checking out other cars and you see the fella has a brand new car next to it and the old one is full of dust and has clearly not been used for a while. So you look at the desperate man whose wife (the accountant) is yelling at him in the background because they need money for new bicycles for the kids. And with no other buyers around you tell him that you’ve realized it’s not the best deal after all as you’ve been checking out other alternatives and you want to pay a bit less. It’s a chance to take obviously but the worst thing that can happen is you pay the original price because they are still desperate and want rid of him. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Cosmonaut said:

Glancing through today's posts ... the way we do business has been a *** clown show for far too long for a club at our level and the history we have. Starting to really boil my p1ss. 

If you think it’s any different at other clubs then I think you’re perhaps a bit naive. Every club is looking out for the best deal possible until the very end. 

• Like 2

Bausor will do what he does best and will get our contribution to he’s wages down from £30k to £20k a week in exchange for us paying £1m loan fee 😀

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It’s more like you trying to buy a used car online and when you go to meet the seller you’ve been checking out other cars and you see the fella has a brand new car next to it and the old one is full of dust and has clearly not been used for a while. So you look at the desperate man whose wife (the accountant) is yelling at him in the background because they need money for new bicycles for the kids. And with no other buyers around you tell him that you’ve realized it’s not the best deal after all as you’ve been checking out other alternatives and you want to pay a bit less. It’s a chance to take obviously but the worst thing that can happen is you pay the original price because they are still desperate and want rid of him. 

What a strange, very specific, analogy. 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Cosmonaut said:

For once, before this window opened, I had optimism we would finally get things done and start to move forward. Have a better team working in the background bringing in players, spotting talent we can afford and having that odd gem work out here and there .. 

I know it is complicated business, but good grief, we really seem embarrassing the way we operate behind the scenes with incomings and outgoings. 

The Ameobi situation for me just sums it all up. Fair enough the club may not have been able to predict whatever happened to the lad following him signing the deal but it all seems fairly odd. What an absolutely *** waste. Then to see the likes of Payero come in, seems Warnock has no interest in giving him a look from what I am reading and I'm wondering whether it was worth him hanging around for one more season after all right now. 

We should have started again with a new guy in and it would have been nice to get the guy from Norwich who come in the have started a bit earlier. Would have liked a manager like Eddie Howe though I know we're never gonna get anything like him in a million years ... but someone who plays a real exciting brand of football, who knows what they're doing. Everyone at the whole club collectively involved aiming for the same thing. 

This all seems a joke at the minute. I hope it's just me over-reacting and there's not as much disharmony behind the scenes as I have had a feeling about over the past couple of weeks, but I feel we've got things wrong with timing etc and as usual making total *** out of ourselves when it comes to buying a decent player or two. Ever since we changed the badge and that Bausor grin, it's just seemed to be a clown show since. 

When the *** are we going to sort this out?? 

Steve Gibson, please do something about this. It's about time and we've waited long enough. 

if a players can show that they can do what NW wants from them on the training pitch, then they'll get a chance.  Just like Bola, Browne and Jones got a chance. 

• Like 1

People will probably try to say that we shouldn't have signed ameobi because of underlying injury problems, but it's impossible to say if there was anything there before we signed him so can't really criticise the club for that.

On the other hand, we shouldn't have signed him anyway, because he's a crap player. 

• Like 4

I get there is reasons for it but there is an anti Gibson spin to a lot of ITK posts on here, it's the same with when Graeme Bailey's tweets about the Boro too.

Is he particularly difficult to journalists or something? I have heard a few horror stories with how he's dealt with ex players mind so I can certainly see how he could tarnish a lot of relationships

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

People will probably try to say that we shouldn't have signed ameobi because of underlying injury problems, but it's impossible to say if there was anything there before we signed him so can't really criticise the club for that.

On the other hand, we shouldn't have signed him anyway, because he's a crap player. 

He is a human being ??????????????????

38 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

In my spare time I'm actually Neil Bausor.

I’ve read your posts and it is clear you are not as inept as you have just made yourself out to be. I demand a second opinion, is Brunners about, in order to offer the casting vote 😉

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""