oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

4 minutes ago, ABH said:

He joined Boro where strikers go to die.

I was just going through historical data since the appointment of NW and reading his statements on games and players is disturbingly irrational. Not only that but he comes across as challenging authority but there are also indications he is not actually involved or consulted. Typically “nowt to do with me “. This is at odds with how management works and question if there is any existing structure and who actually is in change.. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

akpom was probably expect to slot in to play off the striker like watmore does. but akpom doesnt like running or doing anything other than hiding behind cb's hoping no one passes the ball to him. we already had britt filling that role.

it must have been pretty apparent he was totally useless to us after his first few weeks here. shocking signing really. he cant play wide and he cant play sole striker. but how were we to know he was soooooooooooooo limited. he'd played in europe at a decent level and looked decent coming in from wide. we still must have thought he had enough about him to adapt. 

21 minutes ago, macapes said:

Karanka on Gestede:

“Rudy was always the top target because he is different. "

“He is the perfect player for us"

Just does not make sense really. What went wrong. 

Boro are just crap at providing decent service to strikers. Its not exactly a new problem. The only strikers in recent times to have got a decent tally for a season were:

2014-15......Bamford......17

2017-18......Assombalonga......15

2018-19......Assombalonga......14

We have literally been a strikers' graveyard for so long, its not funny. We have had quite a few seasons where midfielders have out-scored our forwards...guys like Emnes, Leadbitter and Adomah getting into double digits.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Boro are just crap at providing decent service to strikers. Its not exactly a new problem. The only strikers in recent times to have got a decent tally for a season were:

2014-15......Bamford......17

2017-18......Assombalonga......15

2018-19......Assombalonga......14

We have literally been a strikers' graveyard for so long, its not funny.

Not entirely true, you could make a lengthy compilation of all the sitters assombalonga missed whilst playing for us I’m afraid 

• Like 1

The mentality has seemed to be for ages that for us to score more goals we need to have a flash striker, without addressing the creativity problem. 

Ive lost count of the times Maddo says post match that “we’re just missing that little bit of creativity in the final third”. It has hardly been addressed. I’d be interested to see how many chances we create in each game in comparison to other teams pushing for the play offs. 

It’s not like we create lots of chances and strikers missed guilt edged chances on a frequent basis. I think it’s more that we create a few good chances and strikers aren’t clinical enough as play off chasing teams are on a frequent basis. 

I’ll try and look at some stats later today. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Not entirely true, you could make a lengthy compilation of all the sitters assombalonga missed whilst playing for us I’m afraid 

And yet despite missing all those sitters, he is still one of only 2 strikers to score more than 10-12 a season in the last decade or so.

You're missing the point here.

What about guys like McDonald, Jutkiewicz, Rhodes, Negredo and Hugill? They all failed to hit double digits.

Historically Boro have been crap at creating good scoring chances for our forwards. Typically we share the goals around the team, with midfielders getting at least as many as the forwards, if not more. Also defenders have contributed a fair few goals from set pieces.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, macapes said:

Karanka on Gestede:

“Rudy was always the top target because he is different. "

“He is the perfect player for us"

Just does not make sense really. What went wrong. 

I guess he lied. Like Warnock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

The mentality has seemed to be for ages that for us to score more goals we need to have a flash striker, without addressing the creativity problem. 

Ive lost count of the times Maddo says post match that “we’re just missing that little bit of creativity in the final third”. It has hardly been addressed. I’d be interested to see how many chances we create in each game in comparison to other teams pushing for the play offs. 

It’s not like we create lots of chances and strikers missed guilt edged chances on a frequent basis. I think it’s more that we create a few good chances and strikers aren’t clinical enough as play off chasing teams are on a frequent basis. 

I’ll try and look at some stats later today. 

we dont have the ball enough to create chances, 30 odd percent possession every game is brutal

4 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

same can be said for vossen, afonso alves among others. akpom has missed sitters to, he missed a pretty much open goal on his debut.  didnt britt miss 4 sitters at forest the season we signed him to. unbelievable to miss that many in one game. lost count of the times britt had the goal gaping and stood on the ball or missed the ball lol. total spud.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

And yet despite missing all those sitters, he is still one of only 2 strikers to score more than 10-12 a season in the last decade or so.

You're missing the point here.

What about guys like McDonald, Jutkiewicz, Rhodes, Negredo and Hugill? They all failed to hit double digits.

Historically Boro have been crap at creating good scoring chances for our forwards. Typically we share the goals around the team, with midfielders getting at least as many as the forwards, if not more. Also defenders have contributed a fair few goals from set pieces.

I would agree with you that over the last decade or so,  creativity has been hard to come by for us. So yeah, I do agree with your point overall. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I guess he lied. Like Warnock.

no mate, we had negredo, fischer then signed bamford with rudy. we had no massive spud who couldnt trap a ball in our squad then. so he did offer something totally different. like his ability to be good in the air but miss every chance.

3 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Dom Shaw has just said on the gazette podcast the club expect the Van Burgen deal to be wrapped up and are confident. 

so that's not happening then....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""