• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We've signed 9 players with a week of the window left.

We're expected to sign 3 more.

Might be 4 as expect Van Bergen, Sporar then a LB and another winger like doupe 

16 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

I don't pay too much attention to other clubs and how they do their transfer business, but I don't remember transfers taking as long as they do at present under Warnock, they're painfully slow! How long has he been saying we are short of players and do other clubs say the same? I'm sure that will be the excuse if we lose to Blackburn at the weekend. Checking for updates on here feels like watching paint dry.

Not much Warnock or anyone can do about Portuguese tax bureaucracy. Sporar will be here for the Coventry game. Sounds like Van Bergen will too. 

Do other clubs do the same? Ask Fulham fans about the stress of signing Muniz! City are the richest club in the world and their fans were biting their nails all Summer over Grealish and Kane - and they still won't get Kane. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Might be 4 as expect Van Bergen, Sporar then a LB and another winger like doupe 

Would be good that then just need a DM who can actually play football and we'd be in a good position.

13 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I Want More GIF

And then another 4 on deadline day obviously- otherwise the club are a joke, the chairman has no ambition and the recruitment team are inept.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Would be good that then just need a DM who can actually play football and we'd be in a good position.

the next patrick viera would be great. i'd love a proper presence infront of the back 4. bigger, faster, stronger than before steve austin still about?

1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

according to Sports Witness

http://sportwitness.co.uk/middlesbrough-still-talks-sign-striker-player-wont-give-one-cent-wages-hope-deal-gets-done-soon/

Sporar on 1.2m net

roughly speaking - with Portugese tax rates  - that is 35.5k euro gross

howver to earn the same net figure in the UK that would have to increase to 42k euro  / 35.5k pounds /week

don't really beleive it, as 35.5k is a huge salary in portugal 

Yeah, I can’t see those figures being accurate unless Sporting are willing to make a significant contribution towards it. The days of us paying out daft money like that seem to be long gone, even if it would only be committing ourselves to a year of it.

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Wow why why why does this happen with so many of our transfer deals do we not sell our club good enough or something it is ridiculous 

Probably doesn’t help with what Warnock said

• Like 5
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""