• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, JTG said:

I wish people would just have a bit of perspective. Let’s be honest, it’s our club and we love it, but we’re based in a less desirable part of the country, playing a turgid brand of football, and are entering into our 5th consecutive season in the 2nd tier. We’re not exactly an attractive proposition and nobody could really blame a player for snubbing us for a top flight team.

Absolutely.  A chance to play in Ligue 1 is a nice opportunity for a 21 year old playing in the Eredivisie.  It's a step up and a potential gateway to bigger and better moves in the future.  A move here would be viewed in the same way except we are a second tier club.  Although he hasn't joined anyone yet of course so it's possible that he still ends up here, sat on our bench for months while getting up to speed 🙂

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Absolutely.  A chance to play in Ligue 1 is a nice opportunity for a 21 year old playing in the Eredivisie.  It's a step up and a potential gateway to bigger and better moves in the future.  A move here would be viewed in the same way except we are a second tier club.  Although he hasn't joined anyone yet of course so it's possible that he still ends up here, sat on our bench for months while getting up to speed 🙂

It's Stade de Reims, not Nice

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

How you claim to know 100% what i know or think is a remarkable talent were it to be true, sadly you are off beam, some might even think that to be a strange claim for you to make.

He may mean the comments about refs, he is also on record as apologising on occasion and saying he got it wrong, either way, he speaks off the cuff and admits he could phrase things better at times himself. I have no doubt he wasn’t keen on Payero his comment on him needing time was fair, time is something he hasn’t got remember. I know he wants pace out wide though and is not totally adverse to enjoying ‘continental talent’ Gibson clearly has freed up money, seemingly burning a hole in his pocket and, is exercising his updated version of ‘Championship Manager’ which is at odds with the managers own plans, more than likely. Gibson employed him to do his thing, however he seemingly is imposing his own style on how he wants him to go about it. It is like employing a skilled thatcher to put a new roof on his house then giving him a load of expensive welsh slates to complete the task. 

I really do not believe (but can’t be categoric) that Van Bergen or his agent will have heard, read it, or indeed if they had, would be so incensed to refuse our offer on those grounds alone. Given a top flight club in France gives an opportunity to play against better teams, higher level and probably more money, this would be a more likely scenario.

We will have to agree to disagree. Warnock knows how to achieve a promotion, Gibson thinks he does. I know whose judgement i trust the most. I like Gibson’s thinking, but I trust Warnock judgement more on how to deliver it.

You've told us what you think in multiple posts.  I assumed they were reflecting your actual thoughts?  I can only comment on what I think you think by reading your posts mate in fairness.

I completely agree with what you've said there about it being at odds with the manager's own plans, and to be clear I blame Gibson for that, not Warnock.  Warnock isn't here to manage a transition and I doubt he cares what position the club is left in for the next manager.  Somebody else already said it's his last hurrah and that's exactly how I think he sees it too.  The last thing he wants is to be hampered in trying to achieve something in what is likely to be his last ever job.  If Gibson wanted to make significant changes to how we do things then he should have shook hands with Warnock in the summer and appointed someone else for this season who was prepared to do it the 'new' way.

I do think the agency that represents him would follow his mentions in the media.  I'm assuming here that it's part of their job.  He's their client, if something is being said about him somewhere then you'd think they'd want to know.  The fact that it's connected to a potential transfer makes it more important in view.  But as I also said, there's no way of knowing what impact those comments would have had on the fella's decision about his future and the French club is a good opportunity for him.

Warnock does know how to achieve promotion, but he's also failed to do it a lot more than he's achieved it, which never seems to get much of a mention.  Warnock is almost viewed as a guaranteed promotion, he's managed 8 in 40 years I think?  It's a decent record obviously, but it's far from a guarantee.  More than that though, if we intend to make moves that he isn't interested in, then what is the point exactly?  It doesn't help him do his job here, and it probably doesn't help us either.  Just creates a division that to my mind doesn't need to be there 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

some of the hysterics when stuff like this happens is crazy, it's like being annoyed that you don't win the lotto after you've gone to the effort of buying a few tickets.

I don't play it and I'm still *** off when I don't win 😡

• Thanks 1

A look at a couple of NW best quotes. 

**David Elleray was that far away he would have needed binoculars. I really think it's about time we use the means to sort these things out rather than relying on some bald-headed bloke standing 50 yards away."

Bemoaning the performance of referee David Elleray after Sheffield United lost an FA Cup tie at Southampton in 2001.

**For many years I have thought he was the gutter type - I was going to call him a sewer rat, but that might be insulting to sewer rats. He's the lowest of the low and I can't see him being at Blackburn much longer."

Taking aim at Blackburn forward El-Hadji Diouf after he abused QPR's Jamie Mackie as the Scotland forward lay on the floor in agony with a broken leg.

**The way it has all come out so far, you would think I was guilty of committing more crimes than Osama Bin Laden."

Reacting to the Battle of Bramall Lane in 2002 when he was accused of encouraging his players to feign injury in a game between Sheffield United and West Brom. The game was abandoned as United had only six players left on the field.

**You can f*** off Pinocchio," I said. "Get back in your f****** cupboard."

Recalling a touchline dispute with Phil Thompson during the 2003 League Cup semi-final between Sheffield United and Liverpool.

**The two managers I really dislike are Stan Ternent and Gary Megson. The old saying that I wouldn't p*** on them if they were on fire applies."

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""