oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

me to. we'll have watmore, burke, tav, jones and spence to play as wingers/wide forwards. its not amazing but better than what we had. with uche, sporar and crooks as a 3rd striker. think we are almost done in those positions. just need lb cover really. 

Still think Coburn will be the 3rd striker actually, with Crooks as a backup option.

And honestly I hope Uche & Sporar play together quite a bit because they look like they'd compliment each other quite well.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I think there lies the problem with his career so far. He's been played as a winger and a striker without really nailing down what his actual best position is.

From what I’ve seen of him he’s definitely performed far better as a RW than a ST

Hope Burke is a loan.

Screams panic buy if it’s a permanent. 

Also points to scraping the barrel and being far down our list.

But with what Warnock has done with other if it was a loan or a cheap fee like 500k it wouldn’t be the worst.

I’d want us to sign another winger though. Burke would be an off the bench option. 

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Still think Coburn will be the 3rd striker actually, with Crooks as a backup option.

And honestly I hope Uche & Sporar play together quite a bit because they look like they'd compliment each other quite well.

yes i think i'd like us in a 442 especially since siliki is coming. imagine burke n jones wide and siliki n tav central lol. no more plodders who can play in the middle. though i really want payero playing to. think hed be best in a 3 man midfield as the right side one. so 433 with sporar a narrow wide forwad. we can probably shift people round depending on how dominant we are.

Not sure how accurate the info is but looks like Burke is on 8k a week. So wouldn't break the bank. I'd give him a chance if he was here, he's certainly got pace and trickery (with no end product). I'm really struggling to see where the goals are going to come from this year hopefully our all round play is better and we can just get a few from all over.

21 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He does play all over the place, including as a striker but as far as I know he's a "get his head down and run the ball off the pitch" style player.

Like an early Rippers

3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I hope Burke coming in doesn't mean Tav is off...

na it just means we have an actual right winger to play right wing. instead of spence who is a rb/rwb really. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""