• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Will be a wait and see with Siliki. There's clearly something in it with the reports from last night. The info warnock presents at press conferences isn't always up to date. Remember last week he said Sporar was sorted on Friday but then revealed a problem on Saturday after the game.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I very much doubt SG would allow anyone to be forced in to our transfer dealings.

SG has his faults but he does not strike me as someone who gets bullied or “forced” in to doing things against his wishes.

Maybe “forced” is a bit strong but I’ve been told a deal isn’t happening this summer unless his son is involved. There’s history… just look at Google and his time at Cardiff 

I’d have been buzzing over Burke a couple years ago but I’d much rather have dompe now. Be a bit gutted if we don’t end up with him and siliki, both of them look excellent technically and something we’ve lacked for aaaaages. Plus dompe seems to be mostly left sided which again is an area we are constantly ***.

The fact two big reputable journalists more then confirmed our bid (one said it was done) seemingly out of no where, makes me believe there’s deffo something in it. 
So often these random, out of no where signings come through. 
I reckon Warnock is just being coy about it after seeing Van Bergen change his mind last minute.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Brisbrough said:

I’ve sat on this for a month or two but I have been told that NW son has been forced into all of our transfer dealings this summer. Apparently a deal won’t happen without his involvement which obviously means a smaller slice of the pie for everybody else involved. Wonder if this is impacting on our ability to get a few things over the line? Anybody else heard this? 

I still don’t really know what you mean by this?

4 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

also, let's not forget, that the press conference is edited, and that there are additional topics under embargo till late tonight.

It could be that he confirmed Siliki was coming but that it’s not been released yet. Maybe Sporar is the last foreign one after Siliki (whose loan move should be easy to complete, unlike Sporar’s)

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Brisbrough said:

I’ve sat on this for a month or two but I have been told that NW son has been forced into all of our transfer dealings this summer. Apparently a deal won’t happen without his involvement which obviously means a smaller slice of the pie for everybody else involved. Wonder if this is impacting on our ability to get a few things over the line? Anybody else heard this? 

Has he’s son been forced into our transfers for the last 10+ years too 😁

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, ABH said:

Has he’s son been forced into our transfers for the last 10+ years too 😁

To be fair we have had a bunch of dodgy dealers, SG seems to attract them.

Monk had his stuff with that agent he got involved in everything
Pulis sold players because he got a cut of any fee
Warnock (maybe) involves his son in everything - and has been investigated for it before.

13 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

The fact two big reputable journalists more then confirmed our bid (one said it was done) seemingly out of no where, makes me believe there’s deffo something in it. 
So often these random, out of no where signings come through. 
I reckon Warnock is just being coy about it after seeing Van Bergen change his mind last minute.

SIliki's agent might have just told the journalist he's off to Boro as almost everyone else who is linked gets a move to somewhere 😂😂

In all seriousness though Warnock comes across like he is sharing everything but I'm sure he said about van Bergen it's news to him.  Maybe that was honest but today he said he's chosen Rennes so he obviously knew about it!

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Brunners said:

To be fair we have had a bunch of dodgy dealers, SG seems to attract them.

Monk had his stuff with that agent he got involved in everything
Pulis sold players because he got a cut of any fee
Warnock (maybe) involves his son in everything - and has been investigated for it before.

And the only one of them that Gibson didn’t know what they where doing was monk and that summer was when we managed to get most of our transfer targets 😉

The criticism for Burke from Sheff Utd fans is alarmingly overwhelming. But I watched their opening game against Birmingham and he was by far the biggest attacking threat they had, made a lot of smart runs and hit the post. 

• Like 4
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""