oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Free agents aren't difficult to sign either. 

Crooks took us a while to sign.

Ikpeazu came a bit out of the blue.

Olysanya was going to jump at the chance. Negotations would have been very quick.

Apart from Payero none of our other transfers have been difficult to negotiate.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, CrazyL said:

They hardly dragged on for weeks on end?

We were linked with some of those for a while, were we not?  I mean, I wouldn't expect free agent signings to drag on, especially when no bugger else wants them, but the players who were at clubs weren't done in 2 days, not that I recall anyway?

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We were linked with some of those for a while, were we not?  I mean, I wouldn't expect free agent signings to drag on, especially when no bugger else wants them, but the players who were at clubs weren't done in 2 days, not that I recall anyway?

Well you’re probably right. My bad. Sorry!

I have a sneaking suspicion we'll find negotiations easier when it's Scott doing it and NB can bugger off back to the business side of the club. When it comes to closing deals he has to be up there with some of the worst we've ever had.

Time after time we agree deals only to change stuff at the last minute and screw it all up.

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Big French Journos reporting on it makes it very odd if it was made up.

Journalists making things up/getting things wrong... never happens! They are such a noble profession..

1 minute ago, BearSmog said:

Journalists making things up/getting things wrong... never happens! They are such a noble profession..

He had far bigger clubs after him than us; we'd be a pretty weird club to make stuff up about mate.

• Like 1

I think it’s worth remembering that we don’t know how long we have been in negotiations with any players.

There could have been weeks worth of talks going on before being in the press. Sometimes they just look quick.

1 minute ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I think it’s worth remembering that we don’t know how long we have been in negotiations with any players.

There could have been weeks worth of talks going on before being in the press. Sometimes they just look quick.

Or slow by the same logic?

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

He had far bigger clubs after him than us; we'd be a pretty weird club to make stuff up about mate.

Ok, we will see I guess. Would obviously love to be wrong..

2 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Well you’re probably right. My bad. Sorry!

You'd think that domestic deals would be easier than international ones though.  Especially now with us being out of the EU.  And if someone doesn't really want to sign for you then he isn't likely to hurry it along.

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It's kinda weird that all of these clubs aren't after him now, unless we are being used to flush them out of course.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""