oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Well if we sign the players we have been linked with in the last couple of days and bring in the striker from Sporting, its a safe bet to say we will smash the league this season and top 6 finish in the Prem next season(maybe get the FA Cup as well, but would settle for the league cup). 

Maybe I'm being a little bit optimistic, maybe just top half finish in the prem next season and the FA Cup.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

And yet he has more promotion and prem experience than most of our squad

That says more about the state of MFC over the years than a poor Championship defender who was fortunate to be surrounded by much better players.

38 minutes ago, Ruathain said:

Well if we sign the players we have been linked with in the last couple of days and bring in the striker from Sporting, its a safe bet to say we will smash the league this season and top 6 finish in the Prem next season(maybe get the FA Cup as well, but would settle for the league cup). 

Maybe I'm being a little bit optimistic, maybe just top half finish in the prem next season and the FA Cup.😁

We'll definitely smash the top 10, I'm confident of that.

1 minute ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Joe Bennett as back up to Bola wouldn't be the worst option to have.

I'd add "a fit" Joe Bennett as back up to Bola wouldn't be the worst option to have.

An ACL is not easy to recover from and then the lack of exercise at that level and his previous Hamstring issues all need to be carefully managed to avoid setbacks plus when he is fit he won't have had a pre season of friendlies to get close to being match fit.

I'm not sure at what point he will be fit enough to step up if Bola does get injured and I don't think we can afford the luxury to gamble that Bola won't get injured or suspended until November or even later while he gets up to speed.

• Like 1

Really happy with Onel Hernandez as a signing, if we can get him fit he's a nice option to have. I think having another person who can speak Spanish is such a bonus as well for Payero.

He also seems like the nicest guy ever:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Duvel said:

Hernandez will be a very good signing if we can keep him fit.

Seems like another signing that went under the ITK radar. 

I'm willing to bet that it's a mix of managing information since the Muniz affair, the mild connection we have with Norwich right now and the likelihood that Norwich have only recently made it clear to him where he fits in. Reckon there'll be a few late loans from Prem teams as they indicate what their squads will be, I think Warnock mentioned it himself the other day about Prem squads being sorted.

• Like 1

Trying to work out what system(s) we'd play with these most recent links... A fluid 4-2-3-1/4-4-2? 4-3-3? 3-5-2?

Each has their benefits, but each also has at least one 'key' player struggling to slot in. Assuming the rumoured signings go though, that list includes Tav, Sporar, Hernandez, and McGrath if he came too.

Suggests to me it's not going to be a single system season.

Edited by Snowblind
5 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Haven't been on for a while... has the Siliki deal fallen through? Shame if so, I was excited about that one.

Seems more like it was agent/paper talk to scare Alaves in to pushing for the move.

• Sad 1

Onel Hernandez? That one has come out of the blue. I’d ignore last seasons stats to be honest, he’s a very good championship player and an instant upgrade on what we have. Very happy if we complete it. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""