• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, AllBoro10 said:

Yep. Great engine on him too. Always liked him, just not had the best couple of years. Good before that though and still only 27ish

he's had some bad injuies

Season   Injury  from  until  Days  Games missed

19/20   Hamstring Injury  Feb 16, 2020  Jan 16, 2021  335 days 40

18/19Knee Surgery  Aug 29, 2018  Apr 8, 2019 222 days 39

17/18Ankle Injury  Mar 3, 2018  Aug 13, 2018  163 days  2

17/18Thigh Muscle StrainNov 1, 2017Jan 13, 201873 days15

16/17Hamstring InjuryOct 1, 2016Jan 8, 201799 days17

15/16Muscle InjuryMar 18, 2016Apr 17, 201630 days5

8 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Someone on fmttm seen Sam Byram at the game too.

I saw that but I assumed he must be lying.

Not because it was on fmttm, but because I doubt anyone would recognise Sam Byram if he walked around wearing a sandwich board saying "Hi, look at me, I'm Sam Byram".

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

He said he saw him sat with the fringe and youth players.

I'll bet my house that he actually saw Bradley James and mistook him. They look remarkably similar 🤣

Could be a shout. They do look a like to be fair 

5 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Do we reckon there’s any truth in siliki then? 

yeah there will be some truth in it.  itll be warnock not getting his hopes up after what he has seen happen already. Plus he will be waiting for updates i reckon. 

Sporar is not a lone striker. Anyone expecting him to play that role will be very disappointed.

That said, this is Boro. And Warnock. So we'll probably play him in a 9-0-1 formation to negate every last one of his strengths. 🙃

29 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Sporar is not a lone striker. Anyone expecting him to play that role will be very disappointed.

That said, this is Boro. And Warnock. So we'll probably play him in a 9-0-1 formation to negate every last one of his strengths. 🙃

He plays as a lone striker for Slovenia. It’s just Warnock means we can’t lump it up to him in the air.

40 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Warnock has said he not a lone striker as well. Described him more as a Watmore type. Plays on the last shoulder of the defender

34 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

He plays as a lone striker for Slovenia. It’s just Warnock means we can’t lump it up to him in the air.

Only against Gibraltar, which is pretty much a National League standard side. Against any half decent opposition's he's part of a 4-3-3, and even then International defences and Championship defences are very different in terms of the football played.

We've just got rid of 3 strikers who weren't suited to that job. Expecting Sporar to play that role would be naïve. But, for me, it's good he can't - because it suggests a 2/3 up top, which we absolutely need.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Only against Gibraltar, which is pretty much a National League standard side. Against any half decent opposition's he's part of a 4-3-3, and even then International defences and Championship defences are very different in terms of the football played.

We've just got rid of 3 strikers who weren't suited to that job. Expecting Sporar to play that role would be naïve. But, for me, it's good he can't - because it suggests a 2/3 up top, which we absolutely need.

Lone striker usually means with wingers besides them doesn’t it? I think so anyway

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""