• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Didn’t Deeney put us down about 3 weeks ago regarding Ipswich and Coulson?

apart from the fact he’s got issues. We’ve only got room for one TalkSPORT personality. I really doubt we are interested.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, boksicdink said:

Didn’t Deeney put us down about 3 weeks ago regarding Ipswich and Coulson?

apart from the fact he’s got issues. We’ve only got room for one TalkSPORT personality. I really doubt we are interested.

What was that I must have missed it.

What issues has Deeney got? 

Not that I want him here as I think he is well past his best. 5-6 years ago I’d have snapped your arm off. But I’ve always thought he came across as a good honest hard working professional? 

His upbringing put him in some really dodgy situations but I don’t think you can hold that against him

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Not that I want him here as I think he is well past his best. 5-6 years ago I’d have snapped your arm off. But I’ve always thought he came across as a good honest hard working professional? 

His upbringing put him in some really dodgy situations but I don’t think you can hold that against him

Well said, I am getting pretty tired of this sense we can decide players are bad eggs because of isolated events in their youth or personal life to otherwise very good professional careers

I think he's past his best and will go to Birmingham but he doesn't deserve the personal criticism

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

I meant more that he:

-He’s had a severe form of COVID and is “anti-medication”. who knows if it’s still affecting him? 

- He is on the radio and writes for a paper and he says some controversial things at times.

- He’s fallen out a few times with managers whilst being the captain which isn’t a great dynamic. 

I know he went to prison for kicking in some lad’s head in but that wasn’t what I was getting at

• Like 3

If we are happy about bringing in positive influences like Bamba into the Club then why would we want someone like Deeney?

Apart from the fact he is just about finished, I'm not overly enamoured with the idea of trying to get behind someone whose moral compass is diametrically opposed to my own but if it has to be then at least bring in someone who is actually fit and still in their prime or at least in the twilight of their prime, not five to midnight with the curtains closed and lights off.

As has been mentioned Ashley Fletcher is more highly regarded at Watford. How would we feel if we were bringing in Friend and Clayton because to me its the same scenario, good five years ago definitely but well past it now.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, boronutter said:

dont know why people are going on about deeney,its NOT and never was going to happen

If it’s not Deeney they’re complaining about - it’ll be Burke or Bennett. Complaining is all they know.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Youngy228 said:

What are people's expectations with 2 days to go?

Expectations should ALWAYS be low for us going into deadline day, on the other hand my hopes are quite high 

• Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""