oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Well yeah, if we lost our first choice back four, all at the same time, we'd have a problem.  Same with every other club in football!

kind of explains why our season fizzled out like it did along with tav being out so much. but NW get blamed for it. it was a tough season on a already weak squad.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Gazette saying we tried to get a left-back in today and it didn't happen.

We're looking at the free-agent market for a LB.

They’ve only had all summer 🙄 shouldn’t have let Coulson go until we got a replacement. Didn’t Warnock himself say confidently that we wouldn’t be letting Coulson go without getting someone in?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

no one is suggesting he plays there, it's a what if scenario. 

yes i know, not having a pop at you for suggesting. i just thought of watmore running up and down all game and thought it was funny. poor lad. that fulham game springs to mind all he did was chase their right back to our box all game. he was cabbaged lol

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Playing 3 at the back would be bizarre in my opinion now we have a lot of attacking options

Yeah, I think it's quite clear we only played 3 at the back on Saturday because Ikpeazu was ill.

6 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

it;s what ifs, not ideal, but there options

Josh Doig should have been a LB consideration surely ? St Johnstone also signed a midfielder meaning Ali McCann may be available. McGrath could still happen ? Have a feeling we will pull something off. Not ITK , BTW , just my thoughts.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

kind of explains why our season fizzled out like it did along with tav being out so much. but NW get blamed for it. it was a tough season on a already weak squad.

They weren't all out at the same time last season from what I remember.  Hall came back before Fry got injured.  Bola was around most of the season, he hardly missed a game.  Fry missed a handful at both ends of the season.  Dijksteel was out for the most time I think.  Usually we had at least two of them fit, and obviously McNair should be included as well.

If you lose your entire back four for a lengthy period of time then you're likely screwed either way, there's nothing you can do about that.  Even with cover you're still not as good.  If you think about it, right now we actually have four right backs -Dijksteel, Fisher, Peltier and Spence.  That's probably one too many for a club like ours.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.diariodecadiz.es/cadizcf/Cadiz-CF-cerrado-mercado-plantilla_0_1606640888.html

Apparently we tried to sign Ivan Alejo from Cadiz on a loan to buy deal today, he appears to be a winger.

A right winger as well. Maybe Spence was going if he came in? Spence to Forest might not now happen 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Simply Red said:

Josh Doig should have been a LB consideration surely ? St Johnstone also signed a midfielder meaning Ali McCann may be available. McGrath could still happen ? Have a feeling we will pull something off. Not ITK , BTW , just my thoughts.

Admire your optimism but with half an hour left I can't see it myself.

1 minute ago, Simply Red said:

fingers crossed

7 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

They’ve only had all summer 🙄 shouldn’t have let Coulson go until we got a replacement. Didn’t Warnock himself say confidently that we wouldn’t be letting Coulson go without getting someone in?

Warnock had no intention of playing Coulson as a left back regardless of the situation.  We'll sign one, we've been looking at the free agent market all season long, I'm sure they will be our fall back options.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""