• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, expat-acklam said:

I am intrigued to see how this Director of Football role works with Warnock in place. I am not referring to Scott specifically, but to the whole concept with Warnock as the manager. Does anyone else see the potential for a bit of a conflict here?

This Head of Football role is an interesting twist. I have seen fans waxing lyrical about it and being just what we needed. It may be. Lots of people saying he will be doing this and that, choosing the next manager, signing players etc. The truth is we don’t know for sure what his role will be exactly. I never saw his job description published. 

He will be a very influential man in his role, but how he dovetails with manager, coaching staff and owner has yet to be seen.  On paper it has real positive potential if he has a free role. I doubt Mr Gibson will offer that personally. He likes to be in control of events and is a hands on owner, possibly too hands on at times. I am reserving judgement and whilst I am looking forward with positivity on what might be, lets just wait and see if the grass is as green as we currently perceive. We know one thing, Warnock is going in June 2022, thats when we will really begin to see his influence take hold and how Scott, his philosophy, desired style and new manager dovetail with the summer 2022 signings.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, expat-acklam said:

I am intrigued to see how this Director of Football role works with Warnock in place. I am not referring to Scott specifically, but to the whole concept with Warnock as the manager. Does anyone else see the potential for a bit of a conflict here?

I am more intrigued how this works with our owner.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Do we? 

I think its a fair assumption but its not nailed on yet. 

If - and it's a big if - we get promoted, I can't see Warnock baling out and letting someone else have a crack at the big league with the team he's assembled and led to the top flight.

Conversely, if we end up missing out on promotion, I suspect he'll 'retire' once again.

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

If - and it's a big if - we get promoted, I can't see Warnock baling out and letting someone else have a crack at the big league with the team he's assembled and led to the top flight.

Conversely, if we end up missing out on promotion, I suspect he'll 'retire' once again.

I think it's all been agreed, regardless of what happens. 

Also, I don't think Warnock liked being in the epl

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

I think he would walk away then, go out in the grandest fashion and his 9th promotion. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I'm not so sure, he hates managing in the Premier League, probably because he's never managed to keep a side up, I'm sure he'd sooner end his career with one last promotion rather than risk ending it with one last relegation.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Do we? 

I think its a fair assumption but its not nailed on yet. 

I mean, contractually it is technically nailed on because his contract runs out then and if Scott really is in charge, he's the one who has to suggest a renewal to the board.

I know what you're getting at but I don't see any way, shape or form that Scott and Warnock end up working together so well that that renewal comes about. Warnock's his own man, he knows what he wants and he has his own ways of doing things. I can't see him playing well with someone half his age telling him how to do his job.

• Like 1