• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Surely we are not selling Fry for just 12 million when you've seen some of the other sums young english talent has gone for from the Championship. Brentford would be a good destination for him though, although I'd expect us to get closer to 18-20 mil also considering the lenght of his contract and the amount of games he's already played.

6 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I think anything north of £20m and we'd be considering it.

We definately would. He's still only a Championship player untested above. Gibson went for 15 and he had a good season in the Prem under his belt (slightly different circumstances I know). I suppose a lot will come down to how many teams are interested.

16 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I'd want twice that to even consider selling.

Maybe with the pandemic influence on the game prices like wages are going to be seriously curtailed. If in "normal" times he is worth £15 to £20m then if contracts currently being offered are say 70% of previous years (just a figure I have plucked out of thin air) then £12m is perhaps not so unrealistic.

So long as we spend it wisely it could bring in three or four good quality players at this level and/or help with the wage bill for a few (or one in particular). If we get another two Grant Hall's, a Striker and a wide player then it probably makes sense regardless of how unpalatable it is. Then we also have to factor in that we have lost a few players this season who once had a value but left for nothing.

At what point do you sell because it now appears that Clubs traditionally selling when there was a year left on a contract doesn't always work. Players and their agents are now seemingly deciding that remaining and going for free enables a better contract negotiation and perhaps a signing on fee/enticement of some sort?

There is no point in having a class CB at the expense of playing Donkeys elsewhere in the team. The theory with Warnock, Gibson and Bausor may be that it's better to have a more balanced squad where synergy adds more value. Then of course it may just be an appetiser for say Leeds or Newcastle to enter the bidding and bump the price up. I'm guessing that Fry would prefer to remain local as well although I'm sure Brentford would provide a far better environment than Burnley for him if he did have to move away.

• Like 1

Villa are paying upwards of almost 40 million for Bundia. Prices aren't coming down in the Prem and English talent will always add an extra cost especially with Brexit.

Neil Warnock did say at the end of the season both Fry & Tav didn't want to leave the club but we know every player is available, money talks

I don't think Fry will go banging on the managers door demanding a move now clubs are showing an interest in him but he'll want to test himself at the top as soon as possible, will we be big enough & strong enough to turn their offer down, if it then becomes a bidding war then we probably know he'll be gone & good luck to the lad 

• Like 1
Just now, Smogzilla said:

Guys, please check your sources. "English football news" is some crank on twitter. Has 200 followers.

Cranks on twitter or cranks on here.  It's all the same really.

• Haha 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""