oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

I hope saville leaves aswell, totally pointless player and a huge reason why our midfield is rubbish. 

I honestly wouldn’t be against tav and/or fry leaving as long as it was top money and most was available to spend on the team.

Tavernier has came on massively but I think losing him to bring in 3 or 4 good players would benefit us long term. Only thing is do we trust the club to spend the money properly...

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I hope saville leaves aswell, totally pointless player and a huge reason why our midfield is rubbish. 

Contributed to 10 goals last season (6 goals and 4 assists). Ended the season as our second top scorer. 

struggle to see him as pointless and not convinced we will replace that contribution next season

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can’t believe some fans want rid of Saville. Said it a million times, he’s not a player who’s easy on the eye, but he rarely puts a foot wrong and always gives 100%. By far been our most consistent midfielder this year. Does lots of the dirty work for the team, presses well and has also contributed 6 goals and 4 assists (should be double figures for goals). He’s the only midfielder who’s an actual goal threat, even though he might not be someone who dribbles past 4 and slots it home. He’s also never injured. 
I’d much rather Morsy and Howson leave before Sav. 

imo it is telling that every manager we have had has found themselves wanting him in the starting 11. 

Also don’t believe one persons comment on him wanting to leave as gospel (could be true). 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Saville was essentially playing as a number 10 though for a decent chunk of the season.  Get a proper one, and just maybe we'll start creating, and scoring, more goals.

Saville was never playing as a no.10. He’s just actually willing to get into the box. Keep him in the team and get rid of Morsy and Howson if you’re worried about scoring more goals. 

• Like 1

Saville and Warnock don't get on - which is fairly common knowledge I think.

Saville doesn't do enough as a defensive CM, a box to box CM or a no.10. 

There's a strong feeling within the squad that Wing is more important.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, TheJew said:

Saville and Warnock don't get on - which is fairly common knowledge I think.

Saville doesn't do enough as a defensive CM, a box to box CM or a no.10. 

There's a strong feeling within the squad that Wing is more important.

Wing? 🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Saville was never playing as a no.10. He’s just actually willing to get into the box. Keep him in the team and get rid of Morsy and Howson if you’re worried about scoring more goals. 

No, he was playing as a number 10.  He was consistently the furthest forward of our midfielders, even to the extent of being further forward than our wide attacking players.  I'll grant you that he wasn't the most conventional of players for that role, but that's the role he had a lot of the time.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Also, I am worried about scoring more goals!  If he could get them playing as one of a two then great.  I don't think he could get them playing the same role as Howson did this season though, in fairness to Howson.

8 hours ago, TheJew said:

Yep. If you speak to some of the more "vocal" members of the squad.

I reckon that if your comparing Saville and Wing as the main goal threat from midfield I'd rather Wing myself.

9 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

I honestly wouldn’t be against tav and/or fry leaving as long as it was top money and most was available to spend on the team.

Tavernier has came on massively but I think losing him to bring in 3 or 4 good players would benefit us long term. Only thing is do we trust the club to spend the money properly...

I never understand this kind of reasoning. You're happy to sell two of our best players off and make us weaker, to gamble on bringing in two or three new players that may or may not improve us? You've even noted how the clubs recruitment policy is as well 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Changing Times said:

No, he was playing as a number 10.  He was consistently the furthest forward of our midfielders, even to the extent of being further forward than our wide attacking players.  I'll grant you that he wasn't the most conventional of players for that role, but that's the role he had a lot of the time.

Saville's maybe played as a 10 once and i remember it went down like a lead balloon. He's a box to box midfielder and an inconsistent one at this level. If he left i wouldn't be too bothered.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""