oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

6 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I’d take Adam. Nothing to go with him being a ex Boro lad. But seems a good honest pro. Great engine does his work going backwards as well as forwards and it’s good for 5-8 goals per season 

Rather surprisingly that is not true @Uwe. This is Reachs 7th full season in championship. 

And seemingly he only scored “5-8 goals” in 2 of them 7 seasons. 1 of them seasons being this season.

I too was surprised to read that.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I’d take Adam. Nothing to go with him being a ex Boro lad. But seems a good honest pro. Great engine does his work going backwards as well as forwards and it’s good for 5-8 goals per season 

If we don't bring in a proper leftback in the summer and Reach's wage demands weren't too wild.

I'd bring Reach in for the "Johnson" role, Reach has out performed Johnson in basically every season (in terms of goals and assists) at Sheffield, compared to Johnson this season (his best for us). Reach has the versatility to cover leftback (at a push), but more competently cover the left wingback and further forwards in left wing too. Plus he's played other positions for Sheffield so could cover other areas in a real injury crisis.

That said he wouldn't be my first choice for leftback or left wing, but as a utility player to cover multiple positions he'd be a good addition.

(His positions played in the Championship for Sheffield below).

Screenshot_20210405-194056_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d6628f1a880adc63349052bf3359acfb.jpg

• Like 3

I hope we manage to keep Bolaise, Kebano and Mendez-Laing as add in Browne returning, Johnson watmore we'd be sorted on wings. Just need some strikers and I think better midfielders who can pass control dictate. Alongside this a CB cover, LB cover and a new keeper 

7 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I hope we manage to keep Bolaise, Kebano and Mendez-Laing as add in Browne returning, Johnson watmore we'd be sorted on wings. Just need some strikers and I think better midfielders who can pass control dictate. Alongside this a CB cover, LB cover and a new keeper 

They are big ‘if’s’. I think we will keep NML a preseason will do him good and will be more involved next season.

I can’t see us loaning Kebano as Fulham will most likely be in the championship next season and I don’t see us spending the kind needed to buy him.

Bolaise would have to come a long way down on wages. It wouldn’t fully surprise me as I think he now just wants to play the issue would be most of the league could offer him more money.

45 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

NW has said that he would be looking to sign a versatile player in the summer that could cover a few positions. Reach would tick that box in being able to play LB, LWB and in midfield. 

Only see us being interested if Marvin leaves as they both essentially can play same positions.

In terms of utility player I am hoping he looking at a CB who would be 4th choice but can also cover full back or defensive midfield 

Jack Rodwell fits the bill of someone who can play CB and DM and is out of contract. As does Phil Jagielka

In terms of a 4th choice CB who can also play full back. George Friend anyone? 😊

Reach would be an upgrade on Johnson but not a starting quality player in a side with top 6 ambitions. Last resort I'd be okay with him but I'd prefer to being in two who at least have the potential to be top 6 quality. Enough of bringing in players who aren't better than what we already have ie morsy, archer, akpom, fisher and from what I can see nml too. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

They are big ‘if’s’. I think we will keep NML a preseason will do him good and will be more involved next season.

I can’t see us loaning Kebano as Fulham will most likely be in the championship next season and I don’t see us spending the kind needed to buy him.

Bolaise would have to come a long way down on wages. It wouldn’t fully surprise me as I think he now just wants to play the issue would be most of the league could offer him more money.

I wonder if Ben Gibson could come back to the club, Not in Norwich side tonight...Injury?...Maybe gone back to Burnley ?

Righto then what's our top priorities this summer cf,creative cm, gk and bolasie and ml on longer deals.  Keeper id have Blackman from Rotherham, cf I'd go for gratzel from cardiff and am Elliott from Liverpool on loan. 

Just now, Barnaby said:

I wonder if Ben Gibson could come back to the club, Not in Norwich side tonight...Injury?...Maybe gone back to Burnley ?

Gibson has been one of norwichs best players this season and probably the best centre back in the league. He got a season ending injury a week or two back, will be playing premier League football next season. 

really enjoying Norwich,s destruction of Huddersfield, the movement off the ball and immagination between the half way line and opponents box is brilliant. ironically the area of the pitch where we are pathetic in those two disciplines .

what im not enjoying is Lee Hendrie,s input. im certain hes on commision for the amount of times he can cram "really" into the commentary..........i really do

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

really enjoying Norwich,s destruction of Huddersfield, the movement off the ball and immagination between the half way line and opponents box is brilliant. ironically the area of the pitch where we are pathetic in those two disciplines .

what im not enjoying is Lee Hendrie,s input. im certain hes on commision for the amount of times he can cram "really" into the commentary..........i really do

We desperately need a Buendia and a Pukki to make us somewhere near a promotion pushing side, but with our recruitment I have little faith.

Norwich’s success under Stuart Webber as Sporting Director deserves huge praise. He has a longterm plan, knows how to implement it, operates shrewdly in the transfer market, and has the self-restraint to keep faith in his longterm plan and head coach during bumps in the road. They have absolutely everything that we lack. It’s incredibly frustrating to see yet more and more seasons aimlessly drift away.

Gibson is absolutely out of his depth in comparison to someone like Stuart Webber. Unlike Webber, Gibson holds all the power based nothing to do with ability or merit, but simply because he is rich.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""