oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

no, we're not paying 1.2m for Smith.

We paid nearly 3mil on akpom last summer and we were more hamstrung with wages then, so I'm not sure it can be ruled out 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Wait we are paying 1.2 million for a cart horse when there is mendez Gomes a young up coming player with lots of potential avaliable for less! It's bonkers more wasted money we already wasted millions on Akpom yet we doing the same again 

Why would we do that when we could sign a donkey in the back end of an average career for a manager who's gone in a year?

Can i ask where the sudden love and appreciation for Mendez Gomez has come from on this board? I seen people mention him a fee times in last couple days especially when not being happy at the signing of Michale Smith. Despite fact ones a winger and other is a striker so am not even understanding the comparison

Did anyone even know who Mendez Gomes was until @diggerlad07 mentioned we scouted him? And now he suddenly this up and coming talent in everyones eyes that we must sign?

Reminds me last summer when this board had a meltdown at the club for losing out to Brentford for Charlie Goode and we all know how well he did for Brentford.

• Like 1

Just seen Hull close to signing Dion Charles from Accrington, he's one of the standout L1 strikers in my opinion would've liked us to have a look 

22 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Can i ask where the sudden love and appreciation for Mendez Gomez has come from on this board? I seen people mention him a fee times in last couple days especially when not being happy at the signing of Michale Smith. Despite fact ones a winger and other is a striker so am not even understanding the comparison

Did anyone even know who Mendez Gomes was until @diggerlad07 mentioned we scouted him? And now he suddenly this up and coming talent in everyones eyes that we must sign?

Reminds me last summer when this board had a meltdown at the club for losing out to Brentford for Charlie Goode and we all know how well he did for Brentford.

It's more because this is the route I want the club to go down sign players with potential not 30 year olds who are passed their peak. That is the case with Smith and hoillet 

• Like 1

@DurhamRedi get that concern but at moment if you look at the possible first 11. We got Dijksteel, Fry, Bola and Tav all under 25. Add to that Lumley and Paddy who are both 26. That is 6 out my first 11 that are 26 or under. 

In terms of 30 or above we only really have Howson and Morsy.  And Hall but I dont think Hall starts if Fry and Paddy are both fit.

A bit more experience probably wont do us any harm in terms of grinding out results. Fully respect some posters might not see it that way mind

• Like 3
9 hours ago, TLF10 said:

@DurhamRedi get that concern but at moment if you look at the possible first 11. We got Dijksteel, Fry, Bola and Tav all under 25. Add to that Lumley and Paddy who are both 26. That is 6 out my first 11 that are 26 or under. 

In terms of 30 or above we only really have Howson and Morsy.  And Hall but I dont think Hall starts if Fry and Paddy are both fit.

A bit more experience probably wont do us any harm in terms of grinding out results. Fully respect some posters might not see it that way mind

I think our average squad age is around 25/26, so its not like we're full of oldies.

Just not-very-goodies... 😁

I think Warnock made a big mistake by talking to the press saying he wants 8/9 signings and 3 strikers and by the beginning of pre season.

Shows our desperation and therefore will likely make clubs/agents try to increase prices.  Also when it doesn't happen it causes fans to talk more negatively.  

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, JMC91 said:

Burnley agreed a £12m fee for Stoke's 20 year old centre back Nathan Collins. You'd think that ends their interest in Fry.

I think whilst that is almost inevitably true, if they were actually even interested in Fry still, there is little doubt in my mind that we will continue to hear rumours that Burnley are after Fry in some shape or form for the next 100 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
21 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think whilst that is almost inevitably true, if they were actually even interested in Fry still, there is little doubt in my mind that we will continue to hear rumours that Burnley are after Fry in some shape or form for the next 100 years.

Dyche will still be there in bionic form as science and tech catches up. Grunting that hes not paying over £8m for Fry whos now just an urn

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
6 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Dyche will still be there in bionic form as science and tech catches up. Grunting that hes not paying over £8m for Fry whos now just an urn

The year is 20XX, the world's infrastructure has mostly collapsed. Only football remains. Burnley play Spurs in the final game of their Skynet Premier League season. Dyche refuses to give minutes to any of his back up centre backs, starting Ben Mee and Tarkowski together for the 8763rd game in a row.

dyche 0).jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Footballer Insider linking us to Sammy Ameobi… it’s officially 2013 again. Just nowhere near a good enough signing if you’re wanting to be up there. 

• Sad 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""