• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

NB's best mate was on Talksport this morning talking about the fixtures, he was asked about transfers as well. He said he was happy with the progress on the recruitment front and hopes to see "a number" of new faces in the next week or 2. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

All IPAs are just beer with rotten fruit! 

Challenge me!

Well akvavit is made from potatoes so I don't see how thats any better. 😜

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Well the thing with festivals is that people are mostly there for the music and you usually have that much in common to talk about. Or you can just focus on the bands and tune everything else out. Or at least I can. Its just formal social situations I hate. 😉

Its not so much crowds themselves...its being expected to interact with people that bothers me. Thats when my social anxiety kicks in. ☹️

its the idea of being trapped there. at a packed stadium i'm not bothered at all, totally fine. i was really bad once stuck in a traffic jam outside donnington park, not moving for hours. couldnt hack it. maybe claustrophobia or something else causing it rather than crowds. i dont really care for music either so no attraction for me whatsever. 

10 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

its the idea of being trapped there. at a packed stadium i'm not bothered at all, totally fine. i was really bad once stuck in a traffic jam outside donnington park, not moving for hours. couldnt hack it. maybe claustrophobia or something else causing it rather than crowds. i dont really care for music either so no attraction for me whatsever. 

Oof. Sounds like you do have claustrophobia.

I have to say I don't like festival crowds when they start getting overly rowdy...pushing and swaying etc. Or when pits suddenly open at random. Accidentally found myself in a circle pit while Turisas were on stage, which was pretty scary!

Got used to being stuck in traffic jams around Donington...part of the festival experience...like mud, rain and overpriced food & drink! 😁

4 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

I'm a little bit like that I guess in the sense that I hate not knowing how I'm gonna get home and I hate staying anywhere but home unless it's a planned trip away or something like that. We're living in Sunderland at the moment so the idea of going to Boro for a few drinks and not being able to drive back is awful for me. Friends or family will offer me a place to stay for a night so I can have a drink but 9 times out of 10, I'd rather not have a drink and be able to drive home. One of the reasons I can't wait to move back to Middlesbrough, so I can actually have a drink and reasonably get home without having to drive!

Not that I am a big drinker any more to be fair but I often think that's just because opportunities to go out haven't often presented themselves in recent times, even before COVID. I'm not overly fussed about having a drink at home unless I'm watching a night-game or maybe playing some weekend games online with the people from work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well akvavit is made from potatoes so I don't see how thats any better. 😜

Of course potatoes are better AR 😡

• Haha 2

Accidentally found myself in a circle pit while Turisas were on stage, which was pretty scary!

I got caught up in a wall of death once, which was terrifying. I tend to stay well back in concert crowds now, just in case!

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Of course potatoes are better AR 😡

Oops - sorry. I keep forgetting we have Irish on here. 😂

3 cheers for the humble spud! 🥔🥔🥔

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

They taste like that! 

🤮

Think you need your taste buds checking! A decent IPA should have plenty of hop bitterness and a floral or fruity or piney aroma depending on the variety of hops used.

It shouldn't really taste fruity unless it's a NEIPA or specifically a fruited IPA.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm a little bit like that I guess in the sense that I hate not knowing how I'm gonna get home and I hate staying anywhere but home unless it's a planned trip away or something like that. We're living in Sunderland at the moment so the idea of going to Boro for a few drinks and not being able to drive back is awful for me. Friends or family will offer me a place to stay for a night so I can have a drink but 9 times out of 10, I'd rather not have a drink and be able to drive home. One of the reasons I can't wait to move back to Middlesbrough, so I can actually have a drink and reasonably get home without having to drive!

Not that I am a big drinker any more to be fair but I often think that's just because opportunities to go out haven't often presented themselves in recent times, even before COVID. I'm not overly fussed about having a drink at home unless I'm watching a night-game or maybe playing some weekend games online with the people from work.

it could be me writing that like. haha. when i go out with the work lads its always bloomin miles away and i proper stress over it. i've even drove a few times just so i can relax knowing i'm getting home okay. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""