• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

This is hardly encouraging considering we are going to need two “Striker wise, we’ve probably been looking for 12 months – and we’re still no nearer getting one.”

38 minutes ago, Borodane said:

This is hardly encouraging considering we are going to need two “Striker wise, we’ve probably been looking for 12 months – and we’re still no nearer getting one.”

I would not take that literally as i think had Britt moved on in Jan we would have gone in for a striker then. I think Britt moving on and Fletcher gives us more scope now as you be saving close around 55k a week on them.  

Until the recruitment team is sent packing, it'll be the same as always. The same lies, and let down the fans are given, season after season. Gibson really needs to grow a back bone and totally start anew.

• Like 2

I am currently semi stalking Holliett and noticed again he was an unused sub for Cardiff yesterday. Zero mins for him since end of Jan

Also they GK Alex Smithies (who I based on zero foundation thought NW might go for if he remained sidelined) returned in goal and Phillips was dropped. Phillips did consider 5 last week.

Diedhiou also dropped by Bristol but came on in 70th min.

I've gone right off the idea of signing Diedhiou, personally.

Seems to have downed tools at Bristol City, either that or he's just playing poorly. Not sure which is worse.

Free signing, so I wouldn't complain whatsoever if we did get him, but it is worrying how poor he's been since the window shut.

• Like 2

Championship transfers could be a huge game of swap. Lots of out of contract and out of favour players. Not much money to spend and loads of teams wanting to refresh their squads.

If as seems likely Warnock and his team will run the transfer side of things, we could be in for a big turnover of players. 

I think only Fry, Hall, McNair, Bola, Dijksteel, Tavernier,  Howson, Watmore and Morsy are in the 'want to keep' folder.

Of these Fry, McNair, Dijksteel, Tavernier and Bola may attract bids from elsewhere over the summer. They have all had very good seasons for us.

So there is a lot of work needed on the squad.

Might be eased by Wood, Folarin, Hackney, and some others stepping up.

But I still think we need a goalkeeper, a centre back, 2 wide players, 2 centre forwards and ideally a goalscoring, bossy central midfielder. So at least 6, but I reckon more likely 8 players. This is based on my belief that at least 2 players not out of contract will be sold. Hopefully it might be Saville plus only 1 of the 'keep' players.

So I fully expect the squad next season to be very different to this. Hopefully with more balance and more goals.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, edinboro said:

Championship transfers could be a huge game of swap. Lots of out of contract and out of favour players. Not much money to spend and loads of teams wanting to refresh their squads.

If as seems likely Warnock and his team will run the transfer side of things, we could be in for a big turnover of players. 

I think only Fry, Hall, McNair, Bola, Dijksteel, Tavernier,  Howson, Watmore and Morsy are in the 'want to keep' folder.

Of these Fry, McNair, Dijksteel, Tavernier and Bola may attract bids from elsewhere over the summer. They have all had very good seasons for us.

But I still think we need a goalkeeper, a centre back, 2 wide players, 2 centre forwards and ideally a goalscoring, bossy central midfielder. So at least 6, but I reckon more likely 8 players. This is based on my belief that at least 2 players not out of contract will be sold. Hopefully it might be Saville plus only 1 of the 'keep' players.

So I fully expect the squad next season to be very different to this. Hopefully with more balance and more goals.

He will definitely need more than the 3 he claimed he needed for next season haha

2 hours ago, edinboro said:

If Archer and Bettenelli go, we may need two keepers in. Particularly if our foreign keeper leaves as well.

1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

He will definitely need more than the 3 he claimed he needed for next season haha

I have been saying that for months.

With the loans and contracts ending we are well short of numbers.

Bett and Archer are leaving so that’s at least 2 keepers are required. Brynn may step up but will probably go on loan or replace stoj

We then may have to replace Johnson, Bolasie, Kebano, NML, Fletcher and Britt.

Thats 8 players and even then it doesn’t address that we need cover at left back and centre back.

So that’s 10 players we need.

Then we will start thinking about selling Saville and/or Spence (Wing and Coulson going probably don’t make no difference).

And after all that I still think a player will leave for big money to balance the books.

A few of the roles could be filled by utility players but that carries its own risk. All in all I would be shocked if we didn’t sign 8-10 players in the summer whether on frees or loans.

I will be more shocked if any of the players are any good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I am currently semi stalking Holliett and noticed again he was an unused sub for Cardiff yesterday. Zero mins for him since end of Jan

Also they GK Alex Smithies (who I based on zero foundation thought NW might go for if he remained sidelined) returned in goal and Phillips was dropped. Phillips did consider 5 last week.

Diedhiou also dropped by Bristol but came on in 70th min.

Well if they can't get into the Cardiff side then by all means bring them here 🙂

56 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well if they can't get into the Cardiff side then by all means bring them here 🙂

Whilst I understand why you made that comment it is somewhat a misinformed comment to make given there are plenty of examples of players who have struggled at lesser clubs/leagues but then succeeded at a higher level. 

My reason for mentioning Smithies and Holliett is not that I think we should go for them but someone I expect Warnock might look at. I would still be surprised if we dont make a move for Holliett on a free transfer

44 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Whilst I understand why you made that comment it is somewhat a misinformed comment to make given there are plenty of examples of players who have struggled at lesser clubs/leagues but then succeeded at a higher level. 

My reason for mentioning Smithies and Holliett is not that I think we should go for them but someone I expect Warnock might look at. I would still be surprised if we dont make a move for Holliett on a free transfer

I know mate.

• Like 1

West Ham being linked with Dieng the QPR goalkeeper. If he goes there that would push Randolph down to 3rd choice.

Would people go back for Randolph or is it a case of move on? I am personally in the former camp and would love him back.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""