• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

would anyone take Andy Carroll, he's got to come good at some point, still only 32. ( god I thought he must 60 by now)

Only on a pay-as-you-play. It could be something that appeals to him if he's keen to stay in the north east. 

I agree with Humpty, although Gray is an underwhelming link, it's probably about as good as we're going to get.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

would anyone take Andy Carroll, he's got to come good at some point, still only 32. ( god I thought he must 60 by now)

His legs are about 60.

• Like 1

I think Andre Grey would be a superb signing but I can’t see it. He joined Watford for £18m so wages will be high. Didn’t work out in premier league for him but he’s prolific at this level. He’s a 1 in 2.5 striker…… miles better than what we have. 

1 hour ago, Humpty said:

No. He’s notorious for being unprofessional.

Compared to Andre Gray he's practically a saint 😂

1 hour ago, ballyclover said:

Yes I definitely would. There isn’t a better Warnock type striker. He would be perfect for us if he could stay fit.

• Like 1

Imagine having him and the Ginger Messi in our starting lineup. It'd be like having two Juninhos. We'd be sure of an upper mid-table finish if we combined Messi's talent and Warnock's tactics.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ballyclover said:

Would love it personally. I think he gets a bit of a harsh rep from football fans... a good player on his day with rotten injury luck. He'd be class at this level. 

Can only really be pay-as-you-play though. Don't see it happening! 

47 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Yes I definitely would. There isn’t a better Warnock type striker. He would be perfect for us if he could stay fit.

Thats a very big IF though...

Scout: Gaffer, we've found you a striker...

NW: Is he over 6ft like I asked?

Scout: No boss.

NW: Is he an absolute ****house like I asked?

NW: Is he at least a footballing neanderthal as per my preference?

NW: Then why the **** do you think I'd be interested?

Scout: He's a bit of a **** with a questionable attitude and checkered history, boss.

NW: Perfect! Get him signed lad.

• Haha 9

Things like what Andre Gray has said in the past about gay people are dreadful and every time something like it is found, it feels like the battle for footballers to actually be openly gay in the game, if they so wish to be, just goes 10 steps further back.

With a carefully injected however into the conversation, has he done anything else that's given him this tag of having a questionable attitude?

This is a genuine question, I think it's the only thing I can recall about his background barring him coming into the game and how it helped him work through his tough years in his youth which were surrounded by knife and gang crime.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""