oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

On 5/10/2021 at 3:00 PM, CWC said:

Like a few of the other lads, not claiming to be in the know but got a bit of info at the weekend. Came from someone within football that knows a few of our lads so got every reason to believe him. 

Supposedly we’ll go after Ikpeazu, the Wycombe striker, in the summer now that they’ve gone down. 

I don’t think he looks great in front of goal but he’s a real handful and caused us all sorts of bother the two times we played them this season. I don’t think he’d be coming in as a first-choice mind. 

Does this make me ITK? 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

For Andre Gray in particular, it was a comment he made in January 2012, 2 months before he joined Luton Town on loan in the Conference Premier and he was picked up on it over 4 years later, issuing an apology in August 2016. He was 20 years and 6 months old when he made the comments, and just over 25 when he was taken to task for them publicly and charged by the FA, apparently alongside another comment he'd made in 2014 which was judged as racially derogatory towards white people.

So yeah, it was something like that but then I also don't really disagree with it. I'm not saying we should have people sifting through public people's Twitters for opinions they expressed 10 years ago but those things are still an opinion held at one time or another and I think in some sense you have to be proactive about tackling your own views. They might be time-stamped a while ago but they are still you as a person at some point in your life.

If I was a public figure right now, I wouldn't only want to get someone to go back through my accounts and find some of the things I'd said in the past, I'd want to be the one to talk about them. Get out there and prove you're a changed person, don't wait for somebody else to drag the skeletons out of your closet and certainly don't think deleting posts you disagree with now without talking about them is the solution.

Good post, I've seen far too many try to crucify the lad for it. He has apologised on numerous occasions and his attitude has been decent since, he even spoke about it on a documentary with his partner recently

Do we live in a time without second chances?

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Good post, I've seen far too many try to crucify the lad for it. He has apologised on numerous occasions and his attitude has been decent since, he even spoke about it on a documentary with his partner recently

Do we live in a time without second chances?

he got busted holding lockdown parties within the last year, so his attitude hasn't been decent since.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He looked decent against us.

Fairly cheap too.

But most of the responses seem to be Scottish fans saying how bad he was up there.

I think styles can make or break a player, he's not gonna go out and score a hatful of goals and make his own chances but he's strong and quick and can bring players in which is what Warnock strikers do. At 26, he's got time to improve too

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

he got busted holding lockdown parties within the last year, so his attitude hasn't been decent since.

I was talking about his attitude in regard to what he was judged on as a 20 year old conference player, the lockdown parties are far from great but he was fined at the time and it's poor judgement rather than malicious.

Kyle Walker, Grealish, Hudson Odoi and Foden all got into trouble for similar issues but I can't see many questioning their attitude

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""