oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

3 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Had you heard of him before today? I’m not having a go just a genuine question. I hadn’t btw.

Not a clue who he was but after knowing about him for likr 7 hours now I'm desperate for us to sign him 

• Haha 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Had you heard of him before today? I’m not having a go just a genuine question. I hadn’t btw.

Me neither but that scouting report someone posted on here was very promising to be fair.

Just listened to Warnock’s comments on Payero. He did not deny the link. Just that we would not be paying the money quoted in the media. Definitely something in it folks. Oh My God Reaction GIF by The Office

• Haha 1

My take on the Payero is that there's clearly some foundation to it and Warnock is feeling fairly optimistic about our chances of signing him. If there was nothing close then Warnock would not have answered how he did; he'd have just said there was absolutely nothing in it. The Argentinian links seem confident that a transfer fee has been agreed, and after Warnock's interview, I heard nothing to suggest that this was inaccurate - he was more focused on the fee not being anywhere near the reported level of £5.9 million (including all clauses). It wouldn't surprise me if he's on a plane over here ahead of having a medical and signing.

• Wow 1
2 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Just listened to Warnock’s comments on Payero. He did not deny the link. Just that we would not be paying the money quoted in the media. Definitely something in it folks. Oh My God Reaction GIF by The Office

We will be, just not all at once.

4 minutes ago, p_mards said:

My take on the Payero is that there's clearly some foundation to it and Warnock is feeling fairly optimistic about our chances of signing him. If there was nothing close then Warnock would not have answered how he did; he'd have just said there was absolutely nothing in it. The Argentinian links seem confident that a transfer fee has been agreed, and after Warnock's interview, I heard nothing to suggest that this was inaccurate - he was more focused on the fee not being anywhere near the reported level of £5.9 million (including all clauses). It wouldn't surprise me if he's on a plane over here ahead of having a medical and signing.

Definitely legit.

Warnock wants the contract signed before the Olympics ends. Ideally he'd sign it before he flies to Tokyo because if he turns heads out there I fear a bigger team may come in for him

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

None of it dependant on promotion, appearances etc like the Uche price? 

I've never heard of Payero before today, haven't seen one video of him playing football, and I'm not 100% sure what position he plays in.

But I, for one, will be ******** fuming if we don't sign him 😡😡😡

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If it's anything like he described with the Ukpeazu deal, there's no guarantee we pay all of that at all. That's probably the value of the deal overall but that doesn't indicate we will end up paying all of it.

Already, the existence of a 10% profit clause suggests Banfield are taking a cut based on his and our success. If we don't get promoted during his time here, don't stay in the Prem the year after going up, I don't see us fulfilling the value of that deal.

3 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

hopefully it will be signed, subject to medical and work permit, before he gets on  plane

From all the reports, it sounds like that's exactly what has happened. Unless Warnock said more than has been mentioned on here or in that clip, that doesn't dispute the deal being essentially done subject to those clearances. Contracts and fees being agreed, you'd think there would be an impact which we benefit from if he doesn't actually join us, to break those contracts.

There's nothing I enjoy more than a dodgily translated tweet about some little player from the back *** of nowhere signing for Boro

Seem to remember the news of Kike and Stuani being broke that way 

1 minute ago, p_mards said:

What flights are there from Argentina to England in the past 24 hours? There surely can't be many. Let's hunt him down 😄

It will definitely be rare for one to land in Teesside International Airport 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""