oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

53 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

We did have injuries to key players and a shocking goalkeeper though, little changes could have made a big difference to our season as we were certainly in enough games. 

I don't think we need a spectacular summer to get around the playoffs, a few solid signings and luck with injuries could get us there. Equally though if we don't make up those fine margins it'll just be a repeat of last season

I actually like Warnock but he went down in my estimation last season for this reason. We were doing well and promotion was realistic (play offs) then all of a sudden he went from saying what a great squad we had to saying we weren’t good enough and singling players out publicly (Akpom) for whatever reason wether he was trying to get a reaction from the players for a final push I don’t know. Also thing the January signings rocked the boat too much. Dropping Johnson and saville  example who were our most productive players and playing Watmore up top when we had two strikers available just to make a point.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Noticed a bit of a downer about Ikpeazu, one thing I think we are guaranteed is he will at least have an impact on the game up front for us. Which imo is a lot more than you can say for most of the others we’ve had since bamford.

One thing I liked about his highlight video is a lot of his goals and assists come in the box where he is surrounded by defenders. I’m not expecting a technically accomplished player but he will definately make a difference, specially in comparison to last season.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

I actually like Warnock but he went down in my estimation last season for this reason. We were doing well and promotion was realistic (play offs) then all of a sudden he went from saying what a great squad we had to saying we weren’t good enough and singling players out publicly (Akpom) for whatever reason wether he was trying to get a reaction from the players for a final push I don’t know. Also thing the January signings rocked the boat too much. Dropping Johnson and saville  example who were our most productive players and playing Watmore up top when we had two strikers available just to make a point.

Losing Dijksteel, Fry and Tav for large periods had a big effect but I agree about Warnock and attitude it felt like he gave up after the Blackburn game

13 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It is true, he wanted to move back down south.

Didn't he have time away over the Christmas period for the same reason?

• Like 3

Yeah, I don't think the personal reasons are him hating Warnock or anyone or anything related to the club. Good memory to recall that @Brunners but yeah, he definitely did take some time away and I think it was family reasons or something like that. I certainly hope he's in a better place for him and his family with this move.

• Like 4
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah, I don't think the personal reasons are him hating Warnock or anyone or anything related to the club. Good memory to recall that @Brunners but yeah, he definitely did take some time away and I think it was family reasons or something like that. I certainly hope he's in a better place for him and his family with this move.

I actually think if we got 1.5million plus 500k write off of owed then this is an excellent piece of business.  He wanted to leave for personal reasons - yet we got a reasonable price considering he had a year left.  

Warnock when discussing his ex player at hearts last week said he was looking at a particular central midfielder. I assume he meant to be replace Saville as he must have known then Sav was leaving. That midfielder must be the Argentinian lad. Which probably means we are not in for the Luton lad unless he wants two central midfielders. 

7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Warnock when discussing his ex player at hearts last week said he was looking at a particular central midfielder. I assume he meant to be replace Saville as he must have known then Sav was leaving. That midfielder must be the Argentinian lad. Which probably means we are not in for the Luton lad unless he wants two central midfielders. 

We probably don't need Mpanzu to be fair. I just don't want Howson to be starting every game and Warnock is never gonna go with 2 out of 3 cm's as attacking players. Tav, Payero and Morsy would be a exciting 3 though if it happened. 

23 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Unless another is off wingy maybe

Warnock did in bbc interview say, which was over shadowed by talk if Payero that he is hoping that he wants 5 more. 

Fair to say out the 5 that he wants 2 strikers and a central midfielder as he confirmed as such. The remaining 2 positions i would imagine are a winger and back up GK.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Warnock did in bbc interview say, which was over shadowed by talk if Payero that he is hoping that he wants 5 more. 

Fair to say out the 5 that he wants 2 strikers and a central midfielder as he confirmed as such. The remaining 2 positions i would imagine are a winger and back up GK.

I'd of thought another center back would be needed

23 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I'd of thought another center back would be needed

Warnock went to great lengths to talk about Peltier's versatility in being able to play anywhere across the back 4. I imagine he will act as 4th choice CB.

Sign;

GK - Lumley (Free)

Versatile Defender - Peltier (Free)

CDM - Mpanzu (Free)

CM - Payero - Permanent

LW - Ameobi (Free)

LW - Bolasie (Free)

RW - Hoilett (Free)

ST - Ikpeazu - 750K

ST - Mullins (Free)

ST - Maja - Permanent or Loan-to-Buy

Add a Backup GK and possibly a CB on loan or free too. 

Sell;

Spence, Saville, Wing & Akpom

Loan;

Wood & Coulson

Sorted.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""