• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I suspect that the answer to it is that Warnock has nothing to do with this particular transfer whereas some of the others will be players he specifically wants.  It's not like we haven't seen some version of this before.

Warnock has signed off on the Payero deal, it's not a Gibbo special.

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm sure he signed off on it in the same way that Karanka signed off on deals.  It's exactly a Gibson special.  I can't believe anyone on here would seriously think that if we had a few million to spend, Warnock would suggest shopping for a young South American player.  He'd have spent it closer to home.  Gibson is driving this one for the same reasons he did the same thing in the past.

I never get the argument that clubs deliberately leak rumours of transfers they don't actually plan on following through on.

Failing to sign somebody doesn't get fans excited, it disappoints them, there aren't any actual benefits to pretending.

Nobody is going to run out to by a season ticket because we're linked with a random Argentine that absolutely nobody had ever heard of before the link appeared.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Sounds like its all done. Another article saying its Banfields most expensive transfer ever

Just now, Changing Times said:

I'm sure he signed off on it in the same way that Karanka signed off on deals.  It's exactly a Gibson special.  I can't believe anyone on here would seriously think that if we had a few million to spend, Warnock would suggest shopping for a young South American player.  He'd have spent it closer to home.  Gibson is driving this one for the same reasons he did the same thing in the past.

There's surely a good chance that this is the foreign gem in a hot place that Warnock alluded to wanting to scout in January.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

I never get the argument that clubs deliberately leak rumours of transfers they don't actually plan on following through on.

Failing to sign somebody doesn't get fans excited, it disappoints them, there aren't any actual benefits to pretending.

Nobody is going to run out to by a season ticket because we're linked with a random Argentine that absolutely nobody had ever heard of before the link appeared.

I suppose the idea would be that it shows ambition.  Let's go back two seasons to a Boro managerial appointment.  A couple of people were mentioned but it seemed likely that the job would always be going to Woodgate.  Were the other names out there because they were serious contenders or were they out there because the club wanted it to look like they were?  Only a few people know for certain I guess but I'm not sure that Jokanovic was ever a realistic possibility for us.

23 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Imagine if after all this, Payero doesn't adapt to the English game and actually looks crap in the Championship.

That is definitely a worry.

But we do have one rather famous example of a South American player who worked out just fine. Mind you he was Brazilian, rather than Argentinian. 🤷‍♂️ 

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

There's surely a good chance that this is the foreign gem in a hot place that Warnock alluded to wanting to scout in January.

I didn't think they played in January?  I don't believe it was him though either way.

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm assuming you have sauces for this? 

2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

thanks! Could just be news sites regurgitating each other at this point, but it is all sounding positive that's for sure!

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

thanks! Could just be news sites regurgitating each other at this point, but it is all sounding positive that's for sure!

Thats true yeah , but i think its now said hes officially left, and he wasnt in the training photos. Might just be training with olympic team though by now

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""