oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

22 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm not that fussed on who he is, I'm bothered by the idea we'd loan out a good young player and give him no hope of ever making the team again by signing a permanent replacement. I've got no idea at all why we'd be looking to replace Coulson permanently.

Coulson is a decent Championship player. I don't think he's ever going to be any better than that, so, if we have any ambition that's why we'd be looking to replace him.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Coulson is a decent Championship player. I don't think he's ever going to be any better than that, so, if we have any ambition that's why we'd be looking to replace him.

He deservedly won young player of the season for 19/20 and is only 23 years old so I've no idea why anyone would think he can't improve. Honestly, people couldn't stop gushing about him that season and after Warnock's come in, it's like all sense has left the room. He was easily the most exciting thing we had to offer in Woodgate's time in charge and now he's seen as the dirt on the bottom of people's shoes.

To actually acknowledge the Hume link in respect of him replacing Coulson too, what on Earth gives anyone the indication that he could be better than Coulson. Coulson isn't even 2 months older than Hume and has played at a level above him.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

He deservedly won young player of the season for 19/20 and is only 23 years old so I've no idea why anyone would think he can't improve. Honestly, people couldn't stop gushing about him that season and after Warnock's come in, it's like all sense has left the room. He was easily the most exciting thing we had to offer in Woodgate's time in charge and now he's seen as the dirt on the bottom of people's shoes.

To actually acknowledge the Hume link in respect of him replacing Coulson too, what on Earth gives anyone the indication that he could be better than Coulson. Coulson isn't even 2 months older than Hume and has played at a level above him.

I like Coulsen and hope we can see him doings well again but he has been fairly poor since that breakthrough season, not sure if he needs games somewhere or what but he has struggled when given the chance

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I like Coulsen and hope we can see him doings well again but he has been fairly poor since that breakthrough season, not sure if he needs games somewhere or what but he has struggled when given the chance

He's probably struggled because he's only played a single bloody game at left-back this season, in the FA Cup defeat at Brentford.

image.png

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Bola has been 10x better than Coulson was in the Woodgate season.

There was so little to cheer about that people latched on to any small positive.

Bola has been great but he has absolutely not been 10 times better than Coulson was, that's a ridiculous statement.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Bola has been great but he has absolutely not been 10 times better than Coulson was, that's a ridiculous statement.

It is 1000% factually accurate.

The issue with coulson is that he’s never been convincing defensively at left back. Bola is much more solid. 

I do think he has promise as an attacking wide player, but his crossing and decision making needs to improve considerably. Here’s hoping he has a successful loan spell and he comes back ready to win a place in the team. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

There was so little to cheer about that people latched on to any small positive.

Coulson has a higher performance ceiling than Bola. I'd personally rather see Warnock develop Coulson into the player we know he can be. That's clearly not going to happen, so he might as well go on loan until Warnock leaves.

10 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Coulson has a higher performance ceiling than Bola. I'd personally rather see Warnock develop Coulson into the player we know he can be. That's clearly not going to happen, so he might as well go on loan until Warnock leaves.

I've seen absolutely no indication that Coulson has a higher ceiling.

I'd sooner Warnock continued to develop the player that could actually defend as a left back and was decent going forward over the one who occasionally ran fast but couldn't defend.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1

Coulson is raw, but he's quick, has a good cross on him, and is a better defender than he gets credit for. His best form has always coincided with a run of games. I'd like to see what a loan spell does for him, both in terms of him getting minutes, and him figuring out what position is he best suited to. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I've seen absolutely no indication that Coulson has a higher ceiling.

I'd sooner Warnock continued to develop the player that could actually defend as a left back and was decent going forward over the one who occasionally ran fast but couldn't defend.

😂 😂 😂

One of my favourite things about Coulson was how willing he was to try and instigate attacks from defending positions. Sometimes yeah, you need your wits about you and need to hold the line. Sometimes you need to be a bit ambitious and break out, get in and intercept and turn defence into attack. He was quite good at the latter when he was actually playing. He wasn't half bad at running at players too and he has always looked better when doing it from deeper, picking up a bit of momentum going forward.

He also linked up really well with players on the outside. Again, a quick pass and a run in behind from deep and if he gets the return ball, once again he's picking up that momentum whilst being decent with the ball at his feet, it worried opposition defenders.

We can't play Bola and Coulson in the same team every week, not for me anyway. And Bola coming off the season he just had is gonna be hard to shift. But there were moments last season where Warnock could have gave Coulson the chance to play where he got his original plaudits and he didn't do it. He's almost exclusively got game time as an attacking midfielder and whilst I certainly support giving him a chance in any capacity over none, I still don't believe for a second we'll see the best of him again until he's played in the right position.

46 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

And remember how they were all calling to get rid of Bola in his first season. I would loan not sell bothe Spence and Coulson until we hav a manager next season who likes to play football not the hit and hope stuff we played last season. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""