oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

There’s a low bar being set. I’d struggle to name one player that was consistently excellent last season. Paddy and Fry were very good and at a push Howson in spells. That’s about it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Wow 1
26 minutes ago, Humpty said:

There’s a low bar being set. I’d struggle to name one player that was consistently excellent last season. Paddy and Fry were very good and at a push Howson in spells. That’s about it.

Howson was consistently poor...especially in the latter half of the season.

• Like 2

bizarrely Howsons best performances for us were when he was an emergency defender. in midfield hes been a passenger at times and we need a big improvement in his assist and scoring stats. id say  Dijksteel, Taverner and Watmore were the 3 best overall performers  . i know Dijksteel didnt play that much but at the beginning of the season when he was operating as part of a back 3  he was excellent.  

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

yep just checked for myself, Payero follows theboroofficial on Insta.

Yea he’s like ‘who the F are this club the papers are saying I’ve signed for’ 🤣

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, MikeyBoro said:

Payero now follows Boro on Instagram.

The club are really going all out to keep up the appearance of being ambitious, even getting players they have no real intention of signing to follow them now.

Very crafty by Gibson.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

This is the most excited I have felt about a (potential) signing in many a year and you know how excited I get when Boro sign anyone!

22 minutes ago, MikeyBoro said:

Payero now follows Boro on Instagram.

May aswell just announce him then. As good as done! 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• 1. Are you Warnock in, or would you prefer him gone? Still would prefer him gone, 3 wins against 3 terrible sides isn't convincing enough but it's a moot point anyway as it looks like he's staying until the end of the season regardless. SG should have sacked him after the Hull game but didn't so why would he sack him now? Yeah fair enough he sacked Southgate after a win and we were 2nd in the table but the circumstances there were different (I still believe sacking Southgate then was wrong, though.) 2. Looking at the impact our new signings have had recently, just how good was our summer window? It was a decent window, we've had better and we've certainly had worse. I don't think anybody expected Bamba to be our standout defender and it's taken Payero a while to get going (though one could argue that wasn't his fault) but Sporar certainly is a cut above and I've been happy with Uche too, for his workrate and tenacity rather than his ability to hit the back of the net, though. 3. Which of the current injured players would you put straight back in the team when fit? (Fry, Bola, Dijksteel, Hall, Browne) [Not bothering with Ameobi or Fisher as they aren’t real] Bola for definite, I'd keep Bamba and McNair with Howson on the right though. Dijksteel will have to earn his place back in the team for me, and Hall isn't good enough. 4. What’s the best thing to come from Birmingham? Uh.... 5. Is Šporar the best striker we've had since Bamford? Yes, easily 6. Starting 11 and formation? Unchanged team for me, that way we'll see exactly how good we are, playing against better opposition than our last three games. (Great OP, btw)
    • 1. Are you Warnock in, or would you prefer him gone? Stilk Warnock out i think he's stumbled into a system that's worked due to injuries. If he keeps us in the play offs then he's doing the job he was brought into do but i expect us to be in there with this squad and it shouldn't be some sort of miracle he's done.  2. Looking at the impact our new signings have had recently, just how good was our summer window? I think it was a good window and we are starting to see the best of the signings. Who knew game time would help players settle...  3. Which of the current injured players would you put straight back in the team when fit? (Fry, Bola, Dijksteel, Hall, Browne) [Not bothering with Ameobi or Fisher as they aren’t real] I'd put Bola Left back and that's it.  4. What’s the best thing to come from Birmingham? SABBATH. Absolute shithole of a place  5. Is Šporar the best striker we've had since Bamford? Yes and i prefer him. 6. Starting 11 and formation?   Unchanged 
    • He will probably take a break before he comes to take us on in the summer as a Premier League team 😃
    • Sounds like Koeman has finally been binned tonight at Barcelona. They lost again today and are 9th in La Liga.