Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Posted Images

I'm not so optimistic about signing the brazilian lad after reading this, seems far more likely to end up in the UAE.

https://colunadofla.com/?p=337856

translated

"Over the past few weeks, Rodrigo Muniz has been attracting the attention of several clubs, from all over the world. However, the striker seems to have a new 'ball of turn': Middlesbrough, from Ingalterra. The English club has already presented a loan proposal to the red-black board and awaits the definition of the forward's future. The contract would last for one year, with a purchase option, and another million euros in Mengo's coffers."

"Despite the proposal, the talks by Rodrigo Muniz already have a clear favorite: Al Nasr , from the United Arab Emirates. The club presented a proposal of five million dollars for 50% of the athlete's economic rights, excluding salaries outside the Brazilian standard. In addition, the main objective of the rubro-black board is in sales, a fact that adds even more to the Arab cause. Negotiations are still ongoing and the team has a representative in Brazil to deal with related matters."

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

I'm not so optimistic about signing the brazilian lad after reading this, seems far more likely to end up in the UAE.

https://colunadofla.com/?p=337856

translated

"Over the past few weeks, Rodrigo Muniz has been attracting the attention of several clubs, from all over the world. However, the striker seems to have a new 'ball of turn': Middlesbrough, from Ingalterra. The English club has already presented a loan proposal to the red-black board and awaits the definition of the forward's future. The contract would last for one year, with a purchase option, and another million euros in Mengo's coffers."

"Despite the proposal, the talks by Rodrigo Muniz already have a clear favorite: Al Nasr , from the United Arab Emirates. The club presented a proposal of five million dollars for 50% of the athlete's economic rights, excluding salaries outside the Brazilian standard. In addition, the main objective of the rubro-black board is in sales, a fact that adds even more to the Arab cause. Negotiations are still ongoing and the team has a representative in Brazil to deal with related matters."

didnt the other story say the club favoured UAE due to the extra fee, but the player wanted Europe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

didnt the other story say the club favoured UAE due to the extra fee, but the player wanted Europe?

Yeah pretty sure I saw that he favoured athletico madrid(no surprise there) because he wanted European football

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Yeah pretty sure I saw that he favoured athletico madrid(no surprise there) because he wanted European football

well we did sell a player to Athletico Madrid - so should clearly be his best alternative option

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Surly for the player if he perfomes well. In the championship he is more likely to get a bigger move than if he perfomes well in the UAE

You would think it would be what his club would prefer as well, he'd only need to be half decent and a PL club would come in and throw stupid £ at them for him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

That makes sense at least. A sensible option if things go awry with the work permit. Though hopefully that isn't the case.

It will have been Banfield that demanded the clause. They didn't want to sell him to Boca or River so they'll want a guarantee that, if he can't get a permit, we won't loan him to either of them.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoroJake said:

Spending a lot of money on somebody we aren’t even sure will get a work permit. A bit strange 

Not really, they are hopeful but it makes sense to have a back up plan which means they still get there man and he comes in a year later when he is likely to have met the threshold

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Not really, they are hopeful but it makes sense to have a back up plan which means they still get there man and he comes in a year later when he is likely to have met the threshold

But we need players now and not in a year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The club can't win if we don't have a deal in place and he is one of the stand out players at the Olympics the fee will increase and we can't afford. People be slating the club saying why didn't we agree deal before Olympics. By having the deal agreed we run the risk he picks up injury so doesn't manage 1 appearance for the work permit points. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

But we need players now and not in a year.

That's why it's a backup plan, not a Plan A.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • As much as I'd love to see more of Martin, can't complain about our midfield trio who have played most others off the park since Wilder came in. Reading is the first game I can't recall us dominating the other midfield with pressure and possession. I'd also say that Crooks is neck and neck with Jones for our player of the season award and I wouldn't be looking to drop the big fella. I do wonder if there's the potential to play Crooks and Payero in the same midfield longer term. It's been noticeable that Howson is no longer playing an out and out DM role, he's often picking up positions edge of the box and rotating a bit with Crooks and Tav. Having 3 energetic box to box midfielders, all with a real threat to the goal is a tasty prospect. Still waiting to be woken up, the past few months since Warnock's gone have been dream like. Attractive football, winning mentality, team spirit, connection with the fans, promising low risk signings, honesty and real plans short & long term from the senior positions at the club. Far cry from the *** coming off the forked tongues of Warnock/Pulis/Monk and co.
    • In his Defence, “Believe” is more auto-tune than it is Cher 😂
    • I didn't say it did. We had a better squad, and more investment than them, they still cheated to get the squad that they did have. Cheating doesn't necessarily make you better than somebody else, it just closes the gap. Derby indisputably cheated, and they finished above us because they cheated.  Waghorn, a player they breached FFP to sign ahead of us, scored 5 goals that led to two wins and two draws. He assisted 2 goals that led to a win and a draw. He also scored another 4 goals and provided 1 assist that helped lead to wins, but weren't integral to them. They finished above us by 1 point, and a player they cheated to sign was directly responsible for at least 12 of their points that season.
    • I would love to attend this if it happened to fall on when i was next in Middlesbrough. Unfortunatley living just outside of Brighton makes the journey a little difficult but i would be very up for this!
    • So important.  Wilder totally justified in his comments about Crooks being first choice and Payero having that as a barrier.  But the importance of team spirit and bond will be crucial.  Injuries/suspensions will likely come into play and feel for the first time in a while we are trying to ensure we have cover in all areas of the pitch that have the attributes we highlight as being required for them. 

×
×
  • Create New...