oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

8 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Agreed mate. We obviously have to temper expectations given the opposition but taking the game for what it was, I don't think anyone really came out of tonight looking poor as such? Can't think of anyone off the top of my head, anyway.

Yeah there was no one I thought was poor on the night but I didn't really go in with any pre conceived views, can't help but think it may be confirmation bias

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Yeah there was no one I thought was poor on the night but I didn't really go in with any pre conceived views, can't help but think it may be confirmation bias

Normally we lose these pre-season games so to win 3-0 regardless of who the opposition is has to be seen as a plus

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Normally we lose these pre-season games so to win 3-0 regardless of who the opposition is has to be seen as a plus

Can’t remember which season it was.. where we won most of not all pre season and then started the season badly. I never pay much attention to the results really just a fitness exercise, but it is nice to win at least 

Bola is recovering from hernia surgery, Ameobi has a knock and is isolating because his wife has Covid.

That explains why they were missing.

• Like 4

So say we get payero and sign this Oldham lad, on top of the 4 already, what else are people wanting.  Another wide player and striker for me, and possibly a back up keeper if stoj is off. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Fisher probably out the entire season according to the gazette

Good job we signed Peltier, though I imagine he will play CB as Dijksteel goes to RB

Anymore word on Bamba? Wouldn't mind giving him a short term or pay as you play contract.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Riverside94 said:

Can’t remember which season it was.. where we won most of not all pre season and then started the season badly. I never pay much attention to the results really just a fitness exercise, but it is nice to win at least 

Pretty sure this was under Monk.

8 hours ago, sambaDTR said:

Looks like we are paying for all these players by the amount of shirts we will be selling in South America this year. Presume they like dark green!

Boro set to become as big as Iron Maiden in South America. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Under Woodgate we played two friendlies on the same day with two different squads, a side made up mostly of reserves beat Bishop Auckland 7-1 and the first team got done 5-1 at Heidenheim. Robert Glatzel scored a hat-trick. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

This is with regards to Bahamboula. Sounds like we might know more within the next week.

If he really is going to only cost 150k (which I can't see no matter how much financial trouble Oldham are in) we'd be incredibly foolish not to sign him. Hell I'd pay up to 500k for him.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If he really is going to only cost 150k (which I can't see no matter how much financial trouble Oldham are in) we'd be incredibly foolish not to sign him. Hell I'd pay up to 500k for him.

I don't think it's that surprising a price given he's a 26 year old at a small financially struggling bottom half League Two club.

I'd say it's worth paying, so I'd assume we'll go for it.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""