• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

from Curle

"“Dylan was invited to go up to Middlesbrough and they looked after him superbly well and made him very welcome which is a sign of an excellent football club. Dylan gave a very good account of himself but they just felt where they’re at now and how they want to get promoted, he wouldn't get the right amount of game time for his development and career."

If we're not gonna play him then yeah, no point paying any money for him. Bit of a shame from my perspective as I thought he looked good but as we said, it was Bishop Auckland at the end of the day. I wouldn't want us to spend the money if he wasn't gonna have a chance. If he was 4 years younger I might have been more concerned.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think that's looking too much into it.  I thought Keith Curle recommended him to us?  'Neil, I've got this player here, I think he can make the step up to Championship level, we'd be looking for about X amount.  Why don't you take him on trial for week and have a closer look'.  We did that but he hasn't impressed enough so we're not taking it further.

Really don't think there's any more to it than this. He came and got his chance and we've said no thanks based on a week of training and the half against BA.

2 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Tommy Doyle is very highly rated by City.

Also class on Football Manager if that means anything 😬

Sheffield United, AFC Bournemouth, West Brom, Fulham, Swansea City, Cardiff City, are interested. Doubt he'd want to come here 👎

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

we must have other wingers in the pipe line who are better as we do need like 2 new wingers. Am surprised though as at 150k he seemed a bargain 

I think Rumarn Burrel will step up 

3 minutes ago, HolgateBoy said:

Sheffield United, AFC Bournemouth, West Brom, Fulham, Swansea City, Cardiff City, are interested. Doubt he'd want to come here 👎

He'll end up at Swansea then I reckon, probably the team closest to Pep's style of play.

Can't imagine them sending him here to play Warnockball. Although he is quite small and maybe they'd want him to toughen up a bit (I am clutching at straws here)

10 minutes ago, HolgateBoy said:

Loan signings are often not in charge of where they go, that decision is down to their parent club. I remember after the playoff final season when Bamford went to Palace rather than coming back here, and a load of our fans got annoyed at him. And then it turned out Chelsea had wanted him to go to a PL club to see how he did.

24 minutes ago, Will said:

Really don't think there's any more to it than this. He came and got his chance and we've said no thanks based on a week of training and the half against BA.

13 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I feel like we were more excited by the unknown than his actual performance but Keith says it himself he's raw even at league two level, I hope he does well this season though

No reason why we can't keep tabs on him if he ends up staying at Oldham.  

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""