oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just had it pointed out that Spence doesn't appear to be on the trip to Cornwall, he doesn't seem to be in the team pic by the plane, unless he's hiding behind someone else.

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Just had it pointed out that Spence doesn't appear to be on the trip to Cornwall, he doesn't seem to be in the team pic by the plane, unless he's hiding behind someone else.

Nevermind, he's just hiding behind Dijksteel, the cheeky scamp!

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

Could we sign someone please ... I have cravings ... Either that or just bored

I'm hoping we get another one of them 3am tweets from some South American journalist saying the boro have agreed a deal for an outstanding prospect this week! 

10 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't think it does amount to the same thing though.

If Gibson was willing to spend £2m on a foreign gem, but only willing to spend £1m on a lower league player, that doesn't meant Gibson is forcing players on a manager.

It just means he's more willing to spend on certain players.

Every single owner at every single club is driving transfers to that extent.

If Warnock didn't want Payero, I'm sure we wouldn't sign him.

I'd sooner spend more on a steak than a pizza, it doesn't mean I'm forcing my partner to get steak.

Your relationship with your partner is completely different to Gibson's with Warnock.  That is an employer/employee relationship, I'm assuming that yours isn't? 😯😉

I don't think forcing is the right word to use anyway, and I don't believe that I used it.  I said it was Gibson driving a transfer, the word I should have used is influencing.  If you are prepared to spend more on one set of players than on another set of players, you are trying to incentivise the manager choosing players from the group that you prefer.  'It just means he's more willing to spend on certain players' - yeah, the players he would prefer that we sign.  That's the point I'm making.  We've seen it before so it seems odd that people are pushing back on the idea that he/we would do this?  We know we've done it recently, why wouldn't we do it again?

4 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Ameobi not travelled with the team or have i missed something? Injury worse than expected?

Nm just read hes had to isolate for COVID

The way that things are going there is gonna be a lot of that happening over the next couple of months.  Games getting postponed left, right, and centre.

• Sad 3
9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The way that things are going there is gonna be a lot of that happening over the next couple of months.  Games getting postponed left, right, and centre.

It will be interesting to see what the powers that be do. Especially regarding GK’s. One positive test could place 4 keepers and coach(es) in isolation. 

that could have an impact on 3 games if they do the full 10 days.

2 hours ago, Brunners said:

I don't think anyone actually wants him and the club are just desperately touting him about.

5 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

There's always going to be conjecture, we're not working with the man. Why would you expect the average fan to deliver a view, positive or negative, on Gibson without conjecture?

Not people to make their own conclusions or hear something from an anonymous source then state as fact

Deliver a view using facts, it's not hard

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""