• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Bit more height in centre mid, not a bad thing really.

He can also play as a 10 or up top if needed, so the flexibility is really helpful for us.

12 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

And where exactly did I say any of that was facts? I simply don't believe all the conspiracies floated on here, it doesn't mean I buy everything on the gazette or what the club site says. They're a business, they try to set their own narrative, it's common sense to assume they will say what suits them but equally doesn't mean I'll blindly buy the ridiculous narratives set by some about Gibson and the club too. I take it all with a pinch of salt but doesn't mean I am just going to make stuff up

Honestly that sounded like a conspiracy theorist YouTube talk

You dismissed my opinion as conjecture and said "Deliver a view using facts, it's not hard", so I tried to illustrate the impossibility of this in the football fan context by showing how even the Evening Gazette and MFC use conjecture, yet as football fans they're supposed to be our most authoritative source of information.

My point is that within the football fan context there's no objective threshold or even hierarchy of sources for what is a fact and what is opinion/conjecture like there is in many disciplines such as law or other academia; you not understanding that is why my previous explanation sounded like a conspiracy theorist YouTube talk to you.

Every football fan does not have the complete information so, as conjecture is defined as "an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information", everything in the football fan context is conjecture, so it's ridiculous that it even needed pointing out by you. It seems like you just didn't like me highlighting Gibson's past mistakes so you started shouting "conjecture" just like the defence lawyers do in American court room dramas, without you actually understanding the context that you were using it within.

Could be quite a decent signing this, we needed more height and presence in the middle, and he chips in with a few goals/assists too. Though, does this now mean Wing will be out the door next?

Just now, HolgateBoy said:

Could be quite a decent signing this, we needed more height and presence in the middle, and he chips in with a few goals/assists too. Though, does that mean Wing will be out the door next?

With any luck he will be. Scoring 2-3 twenty five yard bangers every season absolutely not worth carrying his terrible work rate, lack of pace, and invisible defending for the rest of it. If he didn't have a rocket of a shot on him I can't imagine he would have ever been "picked out" to play at this level.

• Like 2

As always you can’t judge a player on the players’ previous fan base but there is a real acceptance from Rotherham that he’s going and they’re not all that bothered at all. They all hold Wing in a much higher regard and are happier as they feel this gives them a chance at getting him back in return. From what I saw last season of the two of them I’d tend to agree to be totally honest. 

16 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Is that because he is foreign or that he would not be a good manager?

Don’t fancy him as a manager.

He’s not involved that much at the moment. Warnock didn’t really want him but Gibson made sure he stayed. He likes him but definitely not as a manager. 

6 minutes ago, CWC said:

As always you can’t judge a player on the players’ previous fan base but there is a real acceptance from Rotherham that he’s going and they’re not all that bothered at all. They all hold Wing in a much higher regard and are happier as they feel this gives them a chance at getting him back in return. From what I saw last season of the two of them I’d tend to agree to be totally honest. 

They only got to see wing in a handful of games. We all thought he was gonna be class when he 1st came through. But the more you watch from him makes you realise he’s average at best 

2 hours ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Funny thing actually 😅 I know for an absolute fact that Leo has asked Gibson when the next vacancy for the job is that he be considered and promised at least an interview to hear him out. Apparently Gibson has agreed.

I can imagine the unveiling quotes already:

“Following a robust process"

"The club did talk to other coaches, including Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp, before settling on Leo."

"It was during this procedure that it became clear that Leo, the Jorge Mendes of scouting in South America, was the stand out candidate after checking his achievements on Football Manager 2021"

😀

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Don’t fancy him as a manager.

He’s not involved that much at the moment. Warnock didn’t really want him but Gibson made sure he stayed. He likes him but definitely not as a manager. 

Yes you can tell Warnock doesn't want him, in one of his interviews when asked about Leo he said something along the lines of he's good at giving the subs instructions before they come on.. with one of his sarcastic looking smiles.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""