• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Yes you can tell Warnock doesn't want him, in one of his interviews when asked about Leo he said something along the lines of he's good at giving the subs instructions before they come on.. with one of his sarcastic looking smiles.

He actually  said Leo was as good as he's seen at getting subs ready 

19 minutes ago, HolgateBoy said:

Could be quite a decent signing this, we needed more height and presence in the middle, and he chips in with a few goals/assists too. Though, does this now mean Wing will be out the door next?

Wonder if this is one of those swap deals NW was talking about.

9 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

They only got to see wing in a handful of games. We all thought he was gonna be class when he 1st came through. But the more you watch from him makes you realise he’s average at best 

Or the more you watch of him the more you realise he's just not suited to the way our midfield plays. He was excellent at Rotherham when he went there & he was excellent that first season for us. That suggests to me it's a fit problem, not a talent one.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Or the more you watch of him the more you realise he's just not suited to the way our midfield plays. He was excellent at Rotherham when he went there & he was excellent that first season for us. That suggests to me it's a fit problem, not a talent one.

didn;t Morsy say that the midfield was all about winning second balls? which is not exactly Wings strong point

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

I wonder how much we have spent on crooks. I think Rotherham wanted 1 million didn’t they?

someone on the other forum said 750k

16 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Play him as a number 10 or head of a 3 and he is great 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Not people to make their own conclusions or hear something from an anonymous source then state as fact

Deliver a view using facts, it's not hard

Actually, it is hard. As p_mards has shown, which you have accepted, the information that is pushed out of the club about how it is actually run behind the scenes, the facts about it, they are delivered at the club's and thus Gibson's behest, in a manner that they see fit. Woodgate's appointment is the perfect example of why it is so hard to build a case based on legitimate, provable facts as there are so few actually available.

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Actually, it is hard. As p_mards has shown, which you have accepted, the information that is pushed out of the club about how it is actually run behind the scenes, the facts about it, they are delivered at the club's and thus Gibson's behest, in a manner that they see fit. Woodgate's appointment is the perfect example of why it is so hard to build a case based on legitimate, provable facts as there are so few actually available.

The thing is I don't disagree at all, my point though is we don't need to be as bad and make our own narrative.

I tend to think all the things we know for a fact are bad enough, i.e. awful relationships with players, poor recruitment, cronyism, bad relationships with other clubs/agents and an inability to create a long term plan. An example I will use for conjecture is adding into it that he's some kind of dictatorial figure who buys his own players which seems to be a bit of a stretch. I do see how quotes in isolation can support the theory but others contradict, I don't intend to be argumentative or contradictory but I'd like us to be better than the club when it comes to holding them to account

Characters such as Karanka and Warnock would not just accept that too and AK surely would have spoke of it after his sacking. If I have missed that, then apologies

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Agree with that but I think he did suffer from burnout too and for a player of his mould that's fairly stark to his performances. I do hope we keep him

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""