oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

34 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I get your fears, J.T. 

But my opinion is, that you cry over milk, that aint even poured yet ... and certainly not spilled... 

Lets see, how it all pans out .. 

I'll give NW benefit of the doubt for now

In my opinion the milk has been poured, and spilled. For me, personally, last season was awful. I actually, for the first time in my 30 years of supporting Boro, completely lost interest during the second half of the season. Not once did I enjoy watching a Boro game last season.
I am now seeing NW fill the squad with more of his style of players, hence prolonging the time that NW’s impact will be felt by the club and there lies my issue.

But I’ve had my say on the matter so I’ll leave it at that to avoid derailing the thread any further. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

In my opinion the milk has been poured, and spilled. For me, personally, last season was awful. I actually, for the first time in my 30 years of supporting Boro, completely lost interest during the second half of the season. Not once did I enjoy watching a Boro game last season.
I am now seeing NW fill the squad with more of his style of players, hence prolonging the time that NW’s impact will be felt by the club and there lies my issue.

But I’ve had my say on the matter so I’ll leave it at that to avoid derailing the thread any further. 

For me Pulis did that. Completely killed any passion I had for Boro or football. And for that I will never forgive him 

image.gif.ff93ddbf51d2554a706e558aeaeb7982.gif

• Like 1
6 hours ago, J.T. said:

He’s a poor (at best) Championship footballer and there is absolutely no evidence that suggests otherwise. But he’s 6 ft 4, so along with Ameobi (6 ft 4) and Ikpeazu (6 ft 3), Warnock is well on his way to achieving his ambition of having the tallest team that has ever played in the Championship.

I am well aware that I’m boring you SmogDane (and probably quite a few others) but surely I can’t be the only one massively worried about the fact that Warnock is currently filling the squad with carthorses knowing full well that he is supposedly retiring at the end of the season. I do apologise SmogDane but I’m not going to pretend that I’m happy to watch us do the exact same thing we did 3 years ago under Pulis to spend another lot of years trying to undo those wrongs. 

Who are all these cart horses that Warnock has filled the squad with?

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

He’s a poor (at best) Championship footballer and there is absolutely no evidence that suggests otherwise. But he’s 6 ft 4, so along with Ameobi (6 ft 4) and Ikpeazu (6 ft 3), Warnock is well on his way to achieving his ambition of having the tallest team that has ever played in the Championship.

I am well aware that I’m boring you SmogDane (and probably quite a few others) but surely I can’t be the only one massively worried about the fact that Warnock is currently filling the squad with carthorses knowing full well that he is supposedly retiring at the end of the season. I do apologise SmogDane but I’m not going to pretend that I’m happy to watch us do the exact same thing we did 3 years ago under Pulis to spend another lot of years trying to undo those wrongs. 

Neverbefore was talking about Paterson here, Crooks has played every game he's been available for since joining Rotherham. Sounds like you have watched a lot of him..

I personnally don't understand Boro "supporters" like JT

This is Boro, we have no god given right to be an attractive football team, as long as the players give 100% - which is the kind of team NW is putting together, then they've filled by core requirements as a fan.  Anything else is a much welcome bonus.

Also, although we are still missing a bit of flair from wide position and an additional striker, I think the recruitment this summer has been solid, the current squad are at lease top half of the table, add in some more creativity and we can push for top 6.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

I personnally don't understand Boro "supporters" like JT

This is Boro, we have no god given right to be an attractive football team, as long as the players give 100% - which is the kind of team NW is putting together, then they've filled by core requirements as a fan.  Anything else is a much welcome bonus.

Also, although we are still missing a bit of flair from wide position and an additional striker, I think the recruitment this summer has been solid, the current squad are at lease top half of the table, add in some more creativity and we can push for top 6.

That's the positivity I've been craving

• Like 1
6 hours ago, J.T. said:

I felt exactly the same at the end of last season. Probably the only time in my life I couldn't even tell someone what our score had been at the weekend.

But I really don't think the signings have been that bad! The only one we've really spent any cash on is Payero, and he's potentially an exciting signing.

We also finished the season without Fry, Tavernier, and Dijskteel - three of the best existing players are back now. And we had a keeper with sieves for hands. 

Let's give them a chance, eh? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""