• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

I know when our links to Payero first came out, where were a few comments on the youtube videos of him from Cagliari fans from even a few weeks before that.

They either were interested before us and didn't make a move for whatever reason and this is just regurgitating old news or  they have reignited their interest.

Who knows whether Cagliari are coming in with late bid to snatch him.  One thing to consider is that yes its Serie A but he looks unlikely to start for them in my opinion.  They have Nandez, Marin, Rog, Strootman....surely they would get in ahead of Payero.

2 hours ago, TheJew said:

Typical Boro pre-season propaganda with no chance of any of these glamour signings.

Give me a Gary O'Neil anyday.

You must be good mates with O'Neil as well as Johnson - Gary o Neil was one of the worst value for money signings in the last 20 years, absolutely woeful player. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Well, what will be, will be.  We've made our play for him.  If someone else makes a better one then that's the way it goes.

And if he goes elsewhere I am sure Gibbo will give Warnock that 5m to spend elsewhere 

We've just taken the absolute *** to get the deal done.

I'm assuming it's basically done now but we always take forever to do deals.

Hopefully we have some breakthrough with the other people we're talking too because we look really short up top.

Akpom is useless, Ameobi won't be ready for start of the season and if one of Tavernier, Watmore of Ikpeazu get injured we're done for. Not being negative just being realistic that we need a winger and a second ST in this week.

1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

We've just taken the absolute *** to get the deal done.

I'm assuming it's basically done now but we always take forever to do deals.

Hopefully we have some breakthrough with the other people we're talking too because we look really short up top.

Akpom is useless, Ameobi won't be ready for start of the season and if one of Tavernier, Watmore of Ikpeazu get injured we're done for. Not being negative just being realistic that we need a winger and a second ST in this week.

To be fair, we have signed 2 players in positions we desperately needed someone, up front and in goal. We've added cover at the back and replaced Saville.

Payero was always going to take a while if the work permit issue is true. We can't sign him before we can get one so if he doesn't qualify, we have to wait.

Given we look like we're going to start the season with a 5-2-3, I don't think we desperately need anyone in for the Fulham game. I think the only worry for the start of the season with that formation in mind is if we let Coulson go and Bola doesn't make it, right now. Midfield is well stocked, we have a first choice front line, back 3 and keeper pretty much set in stone.

So I don't think we need anyone else in this week unless we sell/loan out anyone or lose them to injury before the first game.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

You must be good mates with O'Neil as well as Johnson - Gary o Neil was one of the worst value for money signings in the last 20 years, absolutely woeful player. 

One of the few boro players I've ever hated.

Just a nothing player, didn't score, didn't create and was gutless to boot.  

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

To be fair, we have signed 2 players in positions we desperately needed someone, up front and in goal. We've added cover at the back and replaced Saville.

Payero was always going to take a while if the work permit issue is true. We can't sign him before we can get one so if he doesn't qualify, we have to wait.

Given we look like we're going to start the season with a 5-2-3, I don't think we desperately need anyone in for the Fulham game. I think the only worry for the start of the season with that formation in mind is if we let Coulson go and Bola doesn't make it, right now. Midfield is well stocked, we have a first choice front line, back 3 and keeper pretty much set in stone.

So I don't think we need anyone else in this week unless we sell/loan out anyone or lose them to injury before the first game.

I agree with the fact we have the barebones. But we won't exactly have any options to bring off the bench.

Assuming the team is

GK: Lumley

DEF: Bola, Fry, Hall, McNair, Dijksteel

MID: Morsy, Crooks

ATT: Tavernier, Ikpeazu, Watmore

Subs: Brynn, Peltier, Spence, Howson, Malley, Sivi, Akpom

Maybe that will be the squad for the game?

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""