oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

20 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

No chance id be selling Paddy. Arguably the best player we have 

Its the "arguably" bit that is the problem for me with Paddy. Definitely versatile, he is arguably our best CB but isn't, arguably our best Midfielder but isn't, arguably our best set piece taker but they rarely amount to anything.

He is very good at a lot of things but not outstanding at any. Without doubt he shows signs of being exceptional occasionally but over the years he has been here its all come in fits and starts. Much of that in fairness is down to successive poor Management rather than just the player himself but at some point he needs to nail down what he really is.

• Like 3
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Its the "arguably" bit that is the problem for me with Paddy. Definitely versatile, he is arguably our best CB but isn't, arguably our best Midfielder but isn't, arguably our best set piece taker but they rarely amount to anything.

He is very good at a lot of things but not outstanding at any. Without doubt he shows signs of being exceptional occasionally but over the years he has been here its all come in fits and starts. Much of that in fairness is down to successive poor Management rather than just the player himself but at some point he needs to nail down what he really is.

Nah i agree to a point but you know what you get with Paddy, and we need a few of these in the team. Im all for the exciting players but not at the expense of someone like him. That's just me though

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I agree with all of this although I do think Paddy's deliveries are quite good, we just didnt have anyone decent on the end. I hope that will be different already with Ikpeazu and Crooks in the box this year. 

• Like 2

In my humble opinion ... What Paddy lacks is in his head ... He has the attributes, but it feels like he is somehow too "nice" ... I need some will, desire and aggression from him. 

He's not a perfect player by any means but he is one of those that is just too invaluable to sell. His versatility, unlike when he was first brought in, has become a real benefit to the first-team. When Pulis had him, it was basically "No good position to start him so not playing him at all", he was just another Martin Cranie in that respect. Now, it's a case of he adds something to the team wherever he plays and can play anywhere in the centre of the pitch.

Also, if it's just so we can sign a South American who nobody knows if they can do it at this level, no thanks.

10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I don't think paddy is unsellable by any means, but we'd have to make a healthy profit for us to consider it, probably double. 

Agreed. He would get into the majority of Championship teams, so we shouldn't be selling on the cheap.

Personally, I wouldn't want to sell him, but obviously every player has their price, and at his age, we will probably never get more for him than we would this summer. 

1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

100% agree.

I'd love us to sign a Brazilian with a cool name as much as the next fan... but selling any of our best and proven players to fund complete unknowns would be nuts!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

So apparently FMTTM is getting a bit over the top and linking us with Stevan Jovetic now.

haha id really want this to be true. he'd smash the championship

edit: just seen who posted it 😆

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Absolutely spot on. Certainly our most consistent. Never injured. I think he just ran out of steam at he end of last season. He must have played  another 6 -8 games for  Northern Ireland as well. We would be mad to let him go expect for stupid money.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""