• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

We'll probably have to wait till after the York game on Tuesday for any transfer updates but even then they may be held back until Wednesday for the press like at the weekend with the Plymouth match.

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Some Boro fan on the sunderland forum reckons we are after Maja. Probably not true, but definitely would like him

We have definitely had interest in him previously so it wouldn't surprise me, it's a finances thing on that one I think

8 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I would sell Paddy for anything north of 8m

I suspect the Club may sell for a few million less than that to realise some funds. That said he is contracted until 2024 so they may hold out if an interested party came sniffing. Question is who would be looking at him?

• Like 1

Who's going to be the backup GK?

- Orjan Nyland

- Jamal Blackman

- Luke Daniels

- Frank Fielding

- Kieran Westwood

- Andy Lonergan

All free's with Championship experience.

Has to be a free or a loan.

2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

- Orjan Nyland

- Jamal Blackman

- Luke Daniels

- Frank Fielding

- Kieran Westwood

- Andy Lonergan

Westwood would be a decent challenger for Lumley if he was willing to be that but Jamal Blackman isn't a bad shout to bring back, either.

2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I suspect the Club may sell for a few million less than that to realise some funds. That said he is contracted until 2024 so they may hold out if an interested party came sniffing. Question is who would be looking at him?

Good question, mate .. 

I read once, that the reason Man U let him go, was cause he didn't have the right mind for top competitive football. 

He has some technique 

He has stamina 

He can shoot and pass and is good at set piece deliveries 

He can defend 

He can do his trade mark flop

But still ... I don't rate him that much .. as I wrote earlier, he is too nice. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

- Orjan Nyland

- Jamal Blackman

- Luke Daniels

- Frank Fielding

- Kieran Westwood

- Andy Lonergan

I wonder if we can convince Southampton to loan Forster. I think he is going into the final year of his contract and is probably not going to get much/if any game time at all. I have read he is on quite a large sum of money though so its unlikely to be anything other than my thought process here 🤔.

Just now, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I would definitely want to keep Mcnair. Dare I say it in the event of ahem we actually achieved promotion, I think he is one of the players that would be able to make the step up. 

I agree but him going could fund two or three incoming and right now we are short on numbers which is why I suspect that considering the financial impact of Covid somebody will have to pay the Piper.

• Like 3
Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

I agree but him going could fund two or three incoming and right now we are short on numbers which is why I suspect that considering the financial impact of Covid somebody will have to pay the Piper.

Problem is we'd be making up the squad numbers by selling a first-teamer. I'm not confident at all that we'd spend the money from one player on 3 players who don't just improve our first team but also cover the gap left by him. Unless the first-team is going to be better by selling him then there's no point, in my eyes.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""